cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to i get the client the user is working with?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

in the inbound-container is the field syncuser which specifies the username a client is synchronizing with. is there also a way to see the client?

when i start external debugging the rfc request comes in over client 011 but when the abap code is called the client ist suddenly 001. can i see exactly when this change is happening. somebody already refered me to there following notes.

i am using sp9, there shouldnt be such a probrem, right?

is this the problem i descriped?

Thanks

Philipp

Message was edited by:

Philipp Hofmann

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey guys,

i am on MI7.0 SP 09.

Where exactly do i find this parameter mentioned by Nameeta?

Thanks

Philipp

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Philipp,

You can find this profile parameter in transaction RZ11. It can be edited also by the administrator, but a server restart is necessary after this.

Regards,

Nameeta

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Nameeta,

i will have it changed or hope to get sps 11 installed

Best regards,

Philipp

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think installing SPS11 is a better option, because if you just set the profile parameter, and you have many users who are on different clients, they will not be able to sync. It will always take the default client even though the user is on a different client.

Regards,

Nameeta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Philipp,

There is a profile parameter in the SAP system "login/system_client", where you can set the default client.

If you dont want to apply the patch (mentioned by Siva), u can set the default client using the above mentioned parameter. This patch specifically sends the client through which the sync user is logged in, otherwise the defaiult client is used to login.

Regards,

Nameeta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Philipp

The client againt which you are synchronizing cannot be seen in the inbound container received in the middleware. You mentioned that the client is on SP9. What does this mean. Are you on MI2.5 SP9 or MI 7.0 SP9. If you are MI7.0 SP9 then you need to be upgrade to either MI7.0 SPS10 or SPS11. If you cant upgrade then you have to wait until this fix is released in the next patch on SP09. If you are on MI2.5 SP9, then i am afraid you are on a very very old SP.

Best Regards

Sivakumar