cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad Performance with Symbol MC9090, 128 ROM, 64 RAM, Windows Mobile 5.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does anyone have experience a bad performance with GenericSync application using the device Symbol MC9090, 128 ROM, 64 RAM, Windows Mobile 5.0? In tests with Symbol MC50, 64 ROM, 64 RAM, Windows Mobile 2003 SE the performance was good. If yes, What was the solution?

Does MI Client do a kind of a swap process? If yes, where is the local that occour the swap?

Regards,

Bruno

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bruno,

Please look at Note 968148 - Mobile Infrastructure: Windows Mobile 5.0 support . Here is an excerp:

Symptom

Performance degradation for Mobile Infrastructure based applications in SAP NetWeaver 2004/2004s on Windows Mobile 5.0 compared to Windows Mobile Pocket PC 2003.

Hopes this will help,

Julien.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julien,

I forgot to mentioned that the problem with the performance is in synchronization between MI Client and MI Server.. The navegation in JSPs are with a good performance.

I already saw Note 968148 and applied Note 1009703. The question in forum was required by symbol distributor.

Regards,

Bruno

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bruno,

Do you have numbers on that or it just a feeling? Sometimes the load is different (more data objects), the network is crowded or MI is overloaded (by either scheduled replication, many devices connecting at once, etc).

Thank you,

Julien.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bruno

In the following you had mentioned that you are using MI 2.5 SP16 Client. For your information MI doesnt support Windows Mobile 5 OS on SP16 but only from SP18 does it support this OS. Have you tried upgrading the client to any of the SPs i had mentioned in the above thread and then checked the performance?

Best Regards

Sivakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sivakumar,

What do you want with "doesn't support" ? We're testing the application on Windows Mobile 5.0 and the only problem is with the performance... Is there another problem??

I already pass to basis team to do the upgrade to SP19, they are analysing the impact with other applications...

Regards,

Bruno

Answers (0)