cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

resizing columns of table and ballon help

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

can someone help me if it is possible to implement ballon help (like tootil help)and also resizing columns of the tables is possible using webdynpro java.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hello Colleagues,

Below are the preconditions for enabling the column resize in WebDynpro Java Table UI element.

1) Application should be running in portal which means that the personalization layer has to be active. This is the persistence layer for the size modification.

2) Table.fixedTableLayout=true which means that Table has a property named 'fixedTableLayout' which should be made as true.

3) TableColumn.resizable=true (for the columns which should be resizable ... default is u201Ctrueu201D). For each table column a property named u2018resizableu2019 which should be made as true.

Thanks and Regards,

Ravindranath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramakrishna,

I dont know about ballon, but u can resize the columns of the table by webdynpro java. For that you can try the following example:

IWDTable CustomerTable = (IWDTable) view.getElement("CustomerTable");

CustomerTable.getColumn(index).setWidth("");

you have to write this thing inside wdDoModifyView() method.

thanks and regard,

Pankaj Shandilya

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Pankaj,

the method getColumn is not applicable and is not working. is there any other suggestiond for this problem.

with regards,

Rama

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Pankaj,

the method <b>getColumn</b> is not applicable and is deprecated. is there any other suggestions for this problem.

with regards,

Rama

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rama,

Sorry for late reply. Could you explain more about your problem. The thing which i discussed you before, i was able to get changed the column width for table. But you should do those thing inside wdDoModifyView() method as following :

public static void wdDoModifyView(IPrivatePankajWork wdThis, IPrivatePankajWork.IContextNode wdContext, com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.api.IWDView view, boolean firstTime)

{

//@@begin wdDoModifyView

IWDTable CustomerTable = (IWDTable) view.getElement("CustomerTable");

CustomerTable.getColumn(0).setWidth("70%");

//@@end

}

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

I am trying to implement resizing the columns in table via mouse.that means 'is it possible resize the columns of the table just by dragging the borders of the columns in a table using webdynpro. I am also trying to implement this both at design and runtime.

can you kindly explain me details about the

1. what does "PankajWork" refer in the following code

<i><b>public static void wdDoModifyView(IPrivatePankajWork wdThis, IPrivatePankajWork.IContextNode wdContext, com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.api.IWDView view, boolean firstTime)</b></i>

if possible little more description about the code.

thanks

Rama

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj I am trying to use your code but I get the folowing warning.

The method getColumn(int) from the type IWDTable is deprecated

regards,

Rama

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rama,

I haven't right now i haven't any idea about resizing the columns in table via mouse. In that code "PankajWork" is the name of current view.

thanks & regard,

Pankaj