cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uniocde SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a SAP R/3 application which was working fine with SAP till the time i have Non Unicode version of SAP but after migration of my SAP to Unicode version my SAP R/3 application started crashing and behaving differently, My question is do i need to change my SAP R/3 application as welll to the unicode or will the same application should work with the unicode version of SAP, Any guidance in this regards will be helpfull.

Thanks,

Amit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

eddy_declercq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The below link is only for ABAP, But my application is not an ABAP but instead it is using SAPRFC SDK to call SAP RFC API's and uses ABAP as well, so i am not sure if this link will help me out, Any other inputs on the same will be appreciated

Thanks & Regards,

Amit Sharma.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi eddy,

Thanks for the pdf, I have gone throught the PDF, for the unicode SAP it says

" The Unicode Library is able to communicate with any RFC partner, regardless if the partner is Unicode or Non Unicode. The fact is, that a Unicode system can communicate with any system Unicode or ASCII and vice versa"

so according to the documentation the Unicode System can communicate with any System Unicode/ Non Unicode.

But my code works perfectly fine with Non Unicode SAP but as i switched to Unicode SAP my application is starting breaking. My calls are blocking in RfcReceive when my applicaiton is trying to send data from the RFC buffer to the RFC server and times out, Do you have any idea what could be the issue

Thanks,

Amit

eddy_declercq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think that you need to review the ABAP code again (see earlier link) in order to see whether everything is 100% unicode compliant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Before RfcReceive there is a call to ABAP program "SX_OBJECT_STATUS_RECEIVE" ABAP, Do you want me to see if this is unicode compliant using UCHECK.

Just to clarify again:

My Application is NonUnicode and it is working fine with Non Unicode SAP, but RfcReceive hangs when i switch to Unicode SAP, I have not changed my application and it is still Non Unicode

Thanks,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just to add to this, I want to write a test program to test

"SX_OBJECT_RECEIVE" and "SX_OBJECT_STATUS_RECEIVE" ABAP programs, In the SAP document i have found that there is a way to generate the sample code by using

/nse37 transaction

"This is what the document says"

From an R/3 System, generate sample code

for the RFC modules SX_OBJECT_RECEIVE and

SX_OBJECT_STATUS_RECEIVE (R/3 Release 3.1 or

higher). This is possible via transaction SE37

(Function Module - Maintenance): Utilities ->

RFC Interface -> Generate.

Compile this code, taking into account the RFC

library, DLL files and header files. Please ensure

that the DLL is accessible at runtime.

Using the sample programs as a basis, you can

attach your own communication solutions.

But i am not able to find out any such option in SAP version 4.7, Please let me know how i can generate sample code using the transation or is there any resource from where i can get the sample code so that i can test that for interporability

Thanks & regards,

Amit Sharma.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi this is Amit Sharma

I am an engineer and want to know about SAP

I wish to join any good institute in delhi or near please mail the information to nomshom@hotmail.com

I will be highly obliged if you could do me a favour and call me on +919810823131

thanx

Amit Sharma