cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eCATT :Chaining of transactions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am facing some problems in eCATT chaining of transactions. I am creating a Third party purchase cycle in eCATT. In that Purchase requisition number from Schedule line data from Sales Order should go to ME21n. I have a system generated purchase requisition number in the field VBEP BANFN. How to export this purchase requisition number to next transaction? Which symbol I have to use? For transporting last message from previous transaction we are using symbol “&MS1”. But for transporting data from schedule line data what we have to do.

I got information that we need to write code between ABAP ...END ABAP.

What code i have to write between these two to get that purchase requisition number which is there in VBEP BANFN field.

Thanks in Advance

Anil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I haven't done this, but see if it helps:

<b>Option1:</b> High probablity of working if you use ME21. After sales order is created, read the PR number from the schedule line. Then set parameter id BAN to the PR number. Then use tcode ME21 (not ME21N) and click on the <b>Reference to PReq</b> button.

<b>

Option2.</b> Try option 1 with ME21N and see what happens.

<b>

Option3.</b> For the sales order's item category, set the "Create PO automatic" in the item category settings (Tcode VOV7). Also maintain a PO type in the Sales org definitions in tcode OVX5. This will automatically create a PR and a PO when you save a sales order.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to use eCATT for the first time & I dont know ABAP. I am trying to create a Material using eCATT.

Can anyone help me with, how I should be coding?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

If the values appears as message at the bottom of the transaction, then you will need to use MESSAGE--ENDMESSAGE in case of SAPGUI recording. If it is not part of message then normal parameterization will help in SAPGUI recording mode.

In case of TCD, the parameterization is via screen simulator. You will need to see Blog IV.

Kindly find the following blogs for details of these things -

eCATT Scripts Creation – TCD Mode (PART II)

/people/sapna.modi/blog/2006/04/10/ecatt-scripts-creation-150-tcd-mode-part-ii

eCATT Scripts Creation - SAPGUI Mode (PART III)

/people/sapna.modi/blog/2006/04/10/ecatt-scripts-creation--sapgui-mode-part-iii

eCATT Chaining, Parameterization, Creation Of Test Data,Test Configuration, System Data (PART IV)

/people/sapna.modi/blog/2006/04/18/ecatt-chaining-parameterization-creation-of-test-datatest-configuration-system-data-part-iv

Hope this helps.

PS If the answer solves your query, plz close the thread by rewarding each reply and marking thread Solved.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sapna,

Thank you very much for your response. I am parameterizing values by going to Valuein field in dynpro mode in the structure editor. I am not going to screen simulator. But still i am getting correct result. Is it right way or am i doing any mistakes.

My second question is i am recording in TCD mode. Can i export a value which is in a table and i a field to next transaction in TCD recording.

Please help me.

Thanks and Regards,

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

What I understood is that you are using TCD recording and you want to parameterize.

If above is the query the you need to use Screen Simulation for the parameterization purpose. This is the recommended and reliable approach. Directly parameterized values may or mayn't work at times.

Now secondly, you want to export a value from a table to next transaction in TCD. Are you saying Database table or a table control in transaction.

1. If it is database table then you will need to write a ABAP--ENDABAP block to capture the value and pass it to next transaction as input.

Find the following like of a code sample written by me for ABAP code in eCATT -

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/snippets/abapCodeineCATTEditor&

2. If it is a table control then see if you have search icon over there. Search the record first via search icon and then click on that value. You will get the values for this record along with the clicked ones. This you can then pass to next transaction. Read my blog of ticks & trips of recording.

Hope this helps.

PS If the answer helps you, plz close the thread by marking it Solved and rewarding each reply.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sapna,

Thank you very much for your quick response. I am a SAP SD functional consultant and i am doing eCATT's for testing in my project. I am very new to this eCATT tool. I dont know ABAP. Could you please send me any eCATT you prepared for chaning of transaction where you have written ABAP and ENDABAP code. i am recording transaction through tcd recording only and i need field from database table that is VBEP-BANFN. I want to get purchase requisition number from VA02 to create purchase order.

My second question is when iam useing VKM3 transaction i have to release credit block to my customer, for that i have to tick the customer number and click on release button. But my problem is how to parameterise that tick mark in structure editor.

Your help is highly appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

To get into eCATT, you step by step read my articles in series. That will really help you to get into the topic very well.

1.eCATT - An Introduction (PART I)

/people/sapna.modi/blog/2006/04/10/ecatt--an-introduction-part-i

2.eCATT Scripts Creation – TCD Mode (PART II)

/people/sapna.modi/blog/2006/04/10/ecatt-scripts-creation-150-tcd-mode-part-ii

3.eCATT Scripts Creation - SAPGUI Mode (PART III)

/people/sapna.modi/blog/2006/04/10/ecatt-scripts-creation--sapgui-mode-part-iii

4. eCATT Chaining, Parameterization, Creation Of Test Data,Test Configuration, System Data (PART IV)

/people/sapna.modi/blog/2006/04/18/ecatt-chaining-parameterization-creation-of-test-datatest-configuration-system-data-part-iv

=> What I understood is you need some value from VA02 transaction and then pass this value to next transaction.

For this you really don't need ABAP -- ENDABAP code. You first record VA02 and then record the transaction where you can use the values from VA02 as input.

This is done via chaining. Blog No. IV.

=> Again for VKM3 Parameterization refer Blog IV.

Hope this helps.

PS If the answer solves your query, plz close the thread by rewarding each reply and marking it Solved.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi! Sapna,

Your ABAP code in ECATT Editor is VERY HELPFUL.

Do you have an example on MESSAGE... END MESSAGE.

Also, I still have problem to pull the information out from the ActiveX control objects. I am using WAS 6.2 only, not 6.4. GETGUI command is not available.

Do you have an example, to pull the information out from the "Document Overview" screen of transaction code FB03 Display Document? It is because I can only verify the +ve/-ve sign of the document in the Document Overview screen only. After drill down to the document, the sign gone.

THANKS IN ADVANCE.