Did you mean: 

Regarding BAPI_USER_CHANGE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need to develop a form in which the foll BAPI's should be used

1. BAPI_USER_GET_DETAIL

2. BAPI_USER_CHANGE

The user is supposed to fill in the user id and based on the user id, the firstname and lastname should be returned by BAPI_USER_GET_DETAIL.

User has the option of updating the FName or LName and these detials should be updated through BAPI_USER_CHANGE. The update should happen on press of a "Update button". I am able to fetch the data FName and LName from BAPI_USER_GET_DETAIL but I don't know how should I associate

BAPI_USER_CHANGE with the Update button and also how should I pass

1. User Id

2. FName

3. LName

to the BAPI.

Please provide some inputs.

Regards

Nikhil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

add to your form a button called update then right click the button in the layout mode and chose properties there is tab called action. Chose system action (submit). Then you have to add the BAPI_USER_CHANGE to the storyboard. Connect the form and the BAPI. Then select the transition between form and BAPI also chose configure then you can assign the values which should be passed to the BAPI.

Best Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcel,

Thanks for your inputs.

The solution worked for me.I am able to update the User Details. So full points to you.

I wanted to ask 1 question :

When I update the details through "Update" button I want to send an e-mail to a particular user id.

Can you plz let me know how to achieve this.

Regards

Nikhil Bansal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

this is quite simpel, you need a webservice for sending emails, there are some examples on SDN in ABAP and in Java (maybe you choose the preffered language).

<a href="/people/renald.wittwer/blog/2005/01/05/develop-a-web-service-that-sends-an-email">Java Webservice for sending Emails</a>

<a href="/people/thomas.jung3/blog/2005/01/05/develop-a-web-service-that-sends-an-email--in-abap">ABAP Webservice for sending Emails</a>

Then you have to add the webservice to your storyboard and connect the form with the webservice. The action for the button is *submit add this event to the transistions to the BAPI and Webservice also assign the corresponding values to the transistion between form and webservice.

Best Regards,

Marcel

mohammed_abdulkaleem8
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Nikhil,

In portal Personalize-userprofile-modify, add first name, email address, language, time zone---, can't save & error displayed as:

An error occurred in the persistence. The original message (possibly not translated) was: "BAPI_USER_CHANGE@EP1CLNT100: ID=01, NUMBER=492, MESSAGE=You are not authorized to change users in group SUPER". Contact your system administrator.

How to change, please help & send step by step procedure.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

kaleem.

Answers (0)