cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM modeling

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to create a repository of an organizational structure. My main table will probably be the units in the organizations. There are links between the organizations and I was wondering what would be the best way to do this. The main issues I have are:

1. The units are linked to each other

2. There is a hierarchy between the units

3. The units are not necessarily linked through the lowest level in the hierarchy, meaning that a unit can have children and yet the unit itself needs to be connected to another unit.

4. I tried to build this using relationships but for some reason when I build a relationship that one of its tables is a hierarchy table then when I open the data manager in hierarchy mode and I try to open the hierarchy table the import manager crashes.

I would like to hear ideas what will be the best way to model this situation.

Thanks,

Tal Alon

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tal,

Please use relationships. Both the Parent and Child table will be the main table itself.

Using relationships does not automatically update any heirarchy tables and will not have a hierarchical view available out of the box. You will need to build special tools (using Java API for ex) to view the main table in a hierarchical fashion.

Regards,

Anand.

Answers (0)