one customer-two codes--urgent

former_member194164
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all

Today i came to know these two Tx codes as suggested by Ajinkya P

(1)Customer Master - Flag for Deletion - Sales Area: VD06

(2)Customer List - Block: VD05

I have created a new code for an already existing customer by mistake.The new customer code do not have any transaction as of now so should i mark the deletion flag against sales area of that customer using Tx Code VD06 or should i block that newly created customer using Tx Code VD05.

PLEASE ADVISE WHICH ONE IS A BETTER OPTION & WHY?

regards & thanks in advance

vikas chhabra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

If you use VD06, you can remove it permanently in the future.But if you block cusotmer using VD05, that customer can be unblocked at the later time.

so in brief

<b>VD06 - permanent

VD05 - Temporary</b>

Reward if it is helpful,

Regards,

anbu

former_member194164
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anbu,

can i permanently delete customer using XD06 as suggested by you.can you please explain a little more.

regards

vikas chhabra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas.,

when you flag customer for deletion you get a simple warning message,If you enter youi can carry on with your work,If you want to block t he cuystomer Take the help of your technical people where they can help you to convert warning messages to error messages

REWARD if helpfull

Thanks & Regards

Narayana

Message was edited by:

manam narayana

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI.,

What code you have created ,Please be clear & If you want to restrict the customer to raise orders on the particular customer,It is better to Block the customer With XD05 & Set flag for deletion With XD06

REWARD if helpfull

Thanks & Regards

Narayana

former_member194164
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Narayana

i have created a new customer code by mistake (using XD01) for which there existed a customer code already in the system.

i have blocked that new code using XD05 as suggested by you. now should i set deletion flag also (XD06) also. Isn't XD05 alone sufficient to stop end users using that customer. PLEASE ELABORATE.

Regards

vikas chhabra