cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warehouse management bin issue........

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Can any one please tell me where do we define the source & the destination bin for the mvt type in warehouse........ as per my undrestanding we can do that in SPRO->Logistics General ->Handling units management ->

Basics-> Warehouse management -> Define Mvt types.........

Please enlighten me .......

Thanks

Kaushik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Select the movent type... goto details...

kaushik_choudhury2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ram ki,

yeah I have done the config there........what happened is that .......suppose for the mvt type 321, I have maintained A as source & B as destination bin..........but when the material is moved from quality to un-restricted with mvt type.........it is picking some other bin.....

Thats why I am sceptical that do we maintain the data some where in SAP alongwith here........

Regards

Kaushik

Former Member
0 Kudos

hei

if u wanna transfer from quality to unrestricted u can use movement type311 with transaction code MB1B .

REPLY IF IT WORKS OUT

kaushik_choudhury2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi kiran alahari ,

I guess that the my issue is not clear to you ..........I want to know that where else we can define the storage bin w.r.t to warehouse number & mvt type apart from the path that I had mentioned ........

Thanks

Kaushik

sarvesh_gudapati2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check my response in https://forums.sdn.sap.com/click.jspa?searchID=2848365&messageID=3514396

You can influence your stock placement and removal at storage type level according to your movement type based on the defined reference storage type search. This would ensure the movement to/from a particular storage type. If you are looking for a particular bin then it should be defined on material master.

kaushik_choudhury2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sarvesh Gudapati ,

When I have created a new process order, confirm it can then do the UD(Usage Decision) then the during the Mvt 321 once suppose that bin type A is being picked in the Transfer order but for other order with the same material bin type B is being picked........ I am not sure why is it happening ........

Please succor me.......

Regards

Kaushik

sarvesh_gudapati2
Contributor
0 Kudos

If you have different bin types in your storage type, then you need to have a storage bin type search defined at SPRO->LE->WM->Strategies->Activate Storage Bin Type Search. You need to define your storage bin types and storage unit types here to get the right bin type.

sarvesh_gudapati2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Also consider fixed bin strategy as recommended in the other thread

kaushik_choudhury2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sarvesh Gudapati ,

I am not gettin how the Transfer order is picking up some differrent storage type that is not maintained in the strategy type........

Regards

Kaushik

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushik.,

SPRO-LOGISTIC EXECUTION-WARE HOUSE MANAGEMENT-MASTER DATA- STORAGE BINS

REWARD if helpfull

Thanks & Regards

Narayana

kaushik_choudhury2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi manam narayana,

I am sorry but I am looking for the place where we can define the source & destination bin for the mvt type ......I guess that you have explained the place where we can define the storage bin.

Thanks

Kaushik