cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TM1 and SAP via XI integration - is it possible?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all - we're in need of some integration advice regarding integration of Microsoft version of TM1 with our SAP UNIX landscape (BW/BI), apparently the ODBO connection isn't supported between the two platforms and I'm wondering if there is a way of using XI to integrate the two? Very basic question and my understanding of integration technology is limited but any advice would be welcomed. Many thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

IBM Cognos TM1 provides a custom connector SYSKOTM1 which can be installed in a seperate namespace in the BW server. This connector uses RFC calls to introspect and expose BW metadata. Then you can use TM1's ETL engine TurboIntegrator (TI) to extract data from an infoprovider, characteristcs, currency table, flat table. You can also use the same conector to write back from TM1 to a Transaction DSO in BW. The connector is available for BW 3.5 and BI 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

In that business doc, it says that TM1 can be connected using ODBC and text files.

Well in case of ODBC we can use JDBC adapter in XI adn it supports ODBC.

check these link as well.

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/06/01/file-to-jdbc-adapter-using-sap-xi-30

regards

pushkar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pushkar - thanks for the links - I need to digest the information and verify that it is useful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess this will help you.

http://ftp.applix.com/Attachments%5C00%5C00%5C00%5C37%5Ccontent_document_3748_SAPIntegrationdatashee...

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/10/04/extracting-data-from-an-as400-with-multimember-tables-using-xi

regards

pushkar

Message was edited by:

pushkar anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

You've linked my query as your response - not very professional

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry that was a mistake.. I have updated that..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks - but that's a generic marketing document and not much help specifically.