Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem when using EUR in FM CONVERT_TO_LOCAL_CURRENCY

sap_2605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have problem using this FM CONVERT_TO_LOCAL_CURRENCY in my coding. I have a requirement in which the workflow will be triggered based on the limit value in USD. So in my BADI (btw we're using n-step approval workflow in SC), we will utilize this FM.

As what i know from the documentation, if we put 'X' in parameter READ_TCURR then it should read the exchange rate table with type of rate we specify in TYPE_OF_RATE. I run this FM using 100 EUR (foreign) converted to USD (local) and I got 119 USD, while actually I'm using 1 EUR = 2 USD in rate type M. I notice that though I expressly put "M" as the type of rate, I got DERIVED_RATE_TYPE = "EURX" as output.

Then I assume that for EUR it should only read rate type EURX. Then I change the table for type rate EURX for EUR in which 1 EUR = 0.5 USD. And then I run the FM again, and still I got 119 USD (!!). So can anyone tell me what is the logic used by this FM for EUR translation?

Thanx in advance

John

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We have handled the same problem using the BAPI Function module - <u>BAPI_EXCHANGERATE_GETDETAIL</u>.

<u>Other useful and related Links -></u>

Hope this will help.

Regards

- Atul

sap_2605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

Thanks for the input. I check the BAPI already, and it is giving us the reading from the table. But if we're using the BAPI then we need to do manual calculation for the amount in local currency which actually provided nicely by FM CONVERT_TO_LOCAL_CURRENCY (except for EUR). Or do you have any sample code of how you use these 2 FM together? Or is there any other FM that have the same capability with FM CONVERT_TO_LOCAL_CURRENCY but works fine with EUR as well?

Best regards,

John

Answers (0)