cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDoc to JDBC with two tables

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I'm doing an interface IDoc to JDBC. With one IDoc (ORDERS) I have to perform two INSERT's in two different tables. I already read the SAP Help and there I saw that it is possible to do several statements in one or more tables! But, strangely, surfing on SDN forum I found some threads regarding the same scenario and the solution used is to use a multi mapping 1x2 and two JDBC adapter, one per table.

Does anyone know if it is possible and which is the best approach for this scenario?

Thanks in advance,

Ricardo.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ricardo,

The better solution is to use a Single Receiver JDBC adapter and a sinble mapping.

The target strucutre would have 2 STATEMENT Level tags one for each of the table with the corrsponding Access Level tags.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As above bhavesh said is the correct,We can acheive this using two statement level tags.no need to use two comm channels.Under first statement level tag u can assign your sirst table name and under second statement level tag u can assign second table name.Finnaly source data is moved to two different tables in database system.

Thanks

KP..!

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A good approach is to use multi mapping

/people/jin.shin/blog/2006/02/07/multi-mapping-without-bpm--yes-it146s-possible

Regards,

Prateek

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Prateek,

What is the advanatage of using MultiMapping in this case?

You would end up with Multiple JDBC adapters and creating Mutliple Datatypes , Inbound Interfaces etc.

MultiMapping makes sense if you are planning to post the data to multiple Datbases, but to a single database, I dont think so.

Regards

Bhavesh