cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interactive Forms scenario without ISR/PCR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need to develop Interactive Forms based scenarios where the user submits the request (like Loan Application) from EP and the respective workflows get triggered in the backend.

I am new to ISR/PCR concept. Is it mandatory to implement such custom scenarios using ISR/PCR by registering in the transaction QISRSCENARIO?

What is the general implementation approach for such custom scenarios? Any documents on that?

Thanks,

Shobhit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shobhit,

Welcome to Adobe Interactive Forms Development in ISR/PCR's.

Yes, you require to create a custom Scenario to develop custom Adobe forms in QISRSCENARIO txn.

I suggest you to go through the ISR Cookbook which is available in www.service.sap.com/isr.

BTW,Please check more information on ISR/PCR's in these links

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/26e9dc90-0201-0010-a790-a7048c8b...

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/5866d990-0201-0010-30a0-c0513b33...

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005vp/helpdata/en/6e/8f91834e644a14aad2477864b264f8/frameset.htm

Hope this should help.

Regards

<i><b>Raja Sekhar</b></i>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

Thanks for your mail. Since its a new technology for me, I would like to reconfirm if ISR is the ONLY way to implement adobe based scenarios.

What if I develop a WebDynpro application and include adobe form in the views. Is it possible to work without ISR/PCR and develop such application with a full integration with workflow?

Can you please provide some documents on developing such webdynpro applications.

Thanks & Regards,

Shobhit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shobhit Swarup Mathur,

Not exactly, ISR is one way of implmenting Adobe Interactive Forms.

Yes, you can develop WD Applications with Adobe Interactive forms too with Workflows integrated.

Well, I dont have ADS Configured in my current client site, Else, I would have already done my R&D on this topic too by now. But I am pretty sure that this would be very much possible, but dont have any documents on that.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Raja,

I just wonder which would be the SAP recommended way of implementing Adoe forms.

I can visualize that the ISR way has an advantage that the workflow is seamlessly integrated. In case I take the WebDynpro only aproach, I do not have a way to call the filled up Adobe form itself in the workflow. Whereas ISR would take care of it.

The only issue is that the ISR approach looks complicated and being a WebDynpro Java developer, I am still not able to visualize the whole sequence of steps.

Your prompt replies are duly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,

Shobhit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shobit,

It depends on how complex your workflow is. If it contains only one level of approval, you can develop your own proces flow, by sending the mail with the attached PDF to the approver mail id and later triggerring a webservice from the approve and reject buttons in the form to update the backend.

You may also look out for Guided procedures (CAF) for offline approval.

Thanks and Regards,

Anto.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shobhit,

I think our ISR Cookbook should give a STEP BY STEP procedure for ISR based Adobe Interactive forms development.

Well, I too can sense that being a Java Developer it would be difficult for you to cope up with the BADI-ABAP codings. Except it, remaining everything should be simple.

Check the ISR Cookbook once and then take a call.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Answer Antony,

Thanks!! Need to work on the feasibility.

Shobhit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shobhit,

Do update, once you have taken a decision, with your observations :).

Rgds,

Anto.

Answers (0)