cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting External JARs on WAS from Webdynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

I have posted same topic earlier also. But i can't any solution for that. Bharadwaj has suggested to make Library project and add all JARs in it and deploy on WAS. But in Library projects, we can only add JARs of Exsisting projects only.

So, what could be other options for that?

Thanks in advance,

Bhavik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try doing the way i say. Have a webdynpro project which is open. In that lib folder add the jar(rather paste it..)

Now go to ur J2EE perspective -> ur lib project -> add jars -> now u shud be able to see the project.Select it and add.

The rest u might be knowing..

Regards

Bharathwaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharathwaj,

Thanks for your great help.I have added JARs in library project. and deployed on WAS. Now can i use those JARs normally as others.Or i have to do some modifications based on this library project?

Regards,

Bhavik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavik,

Do one thing. Add one Library reference in the properties of the webdynpro project.

Library reference should be like this : sap.com/<Your Library project>

check this and let me know the result,

Regards,

Divyakumar Jain

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavik,

Sorry for a very very late reply. I think it is a limitation (or probably a bug ) . What i do usually is ,add it to some other project's lib folder and then take the jar from there. Since it is added as a seperate copy in ur .sda file it wont be problem after deploying. No reference exists.

Its just that u wil have a problem while adding it design time..

Its a round about way to take a jar.But it works.

And about ur question.. i doubt if u can really find the jar in the bin folder directly.. (If we add a external jar to project i cant find any jar in the project folder. I searched the .ear file but i am not able to find it. Just check if u can find it )

Regards

Bharathwaj

Message was edited by: Bharathwaj R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharathwaj,

I can't get you properly.

In library type project, it allows only EJB or JAVA project's jars in provider.xml file. And in such type of projects there is no folder called lib. So i tried adding JARs in working dir of that project. But then also i can't see those JARs in list.

What can i do further?

Thanks for your help,

Bhavik

Former Member
0 Kudos

What works for me is to create a Web Dynpro development component (DC), extract the jar file into the src folder and create a public part (PP) exposing the needed packages.

Other DCs that want to use the jar file content then have to declare a usage of this PP.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Armin,

I have already tried this thing. But at the time of rebuild it. It generates class files for this application including our JAR files contents. But these JAR files contents are not builded and i got empty folders created in bin folder.So, i can't get any classes of those JARs in ear file and thats why not go to WAS.

Thanks,

Bhavik