cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

compilation error in sales order status

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have tried to model the sales order status. when i compile the model, it shows "Required field "SALESDOCUMENT" is not assigned a value in call to "Sales order get status".

can any one help me what could be the error? and how to resolve it?

Thanks in advance.

with Regards,

Balachander.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Balachander,

you call an ABAP RFC/BAPI, which requires the the SALESDOCUMENT as input. Go to transaction SE80 in the backend system and check, what the RFC/BAPI expects as input value. Then go back to your VC model and assign a corresponding value.

Best Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Marcel,

Thank you very much for your quick reply. could you pls tell me where to assign the input value in VC?

with regards,

Balachander

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Balachander,

there are two possibilties:

1) the input (in the RFC/BAPI it is called import parameters) ports

2) the RFC/BAPI has a table as input port (the RFC/BAPI has table parameters in most cases they are called I_T_.... or C_T_.... I = Import; C = Changing; this is a nameconvention of the SAP). If it is a table you have to right click the table port a choose flip port, then the table port becomes an input port.

Best Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Marcel,

Thank you very much for your reply. Still i got the same problem. I will explain you my model in detail, I hope it will give you clear picture.

1. I am having one sales form (contain one input field and one push button) having one input and output port (output connect to BAPI input)

2. BAPI_SALESORDER_GETSTATUS (has one input and output port, output port connect to Sales table input field)

2a. BAPI has one input port field (SALEDOCUMENT NO, required field)

2b. output port field i have defined 9 field out of 38

my expectation was, when user click on push button in sales form after giving salesdocument no, the table should get populated.

could you give the answer how to get the output?

Thanks in advance

with regards,

Balachander

Answers (0)