cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A/C Determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

Scenario: when i make a sales order of a particular item, and PGi it, it should hit a particular G/L account and when i take the same material in return, it should hit the other G/L account. i know it has to be configured in VKOA but i need a detailed notes. my item cat is TAN and schedule line is CP(for sales order).

plz suggest,

kumar.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil

If i understand clearly you are talking about the accounting documents generated after PGI i.e the Material documents. Well this is done by Account grouping for each movement type. while configuring movement type for goods issue and for returns the account grouping is done with appropriate G/L accounts. you can see the transaction's omjj and obyc.

VKOA is used for accounting documents after billing.

Reward Points !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks,

Kamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks kamalakar, ur understanding of my scenario is correct.

this is what i was looking for.

kumar.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil!

Two accounting documents are created in SD process. One is created wen u do PGI. Cost of goods sold A/C Dr and FG A/c Cr.

While saving Invoice customer A/c debitted and Sales A/c creditted.

While taking returns this process is reversed. ie. COGS A/c Cr and FG A/c Cr.

In returns credit - customer A/c cr and Sales A/c Dr. Here what are u expecting?

Which accounting entry u want to change?

reward if helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil.,

We do the Revenue acount determination in OVAK as you know,and when we sell t he goods and when the GL account gets updated t he accounting entries are different & When we recieve the goods through RETURNS the Accounting entries are different there is difference in DEBIT & CREDIT entries when you sell the goods & when you recieve the goods.,

Hope so it is clear

Any queries please ask

REWARD if helpfull

Thanks & Regards

Narayana

Former Member
0 Kudos

once billing is done.. it hits the G/L a/cs by Account keys.. which converts and send to particaulr gf/l account... ok...

reward if it helps..

ramki