cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable automatic Startup of Application on J2EE

0 Kudos

Hello,

we are developping Java on WebAS - mostly WebDynpro. Most of the time, the application can be tested without Portal, but sometimes it is necessary. Thus we have local J2EE with Portal on it. This uses a lot of memory and perfromance.

-> Is there a way to disable automatic startup of the Portal (or other J2EE-Applications) and start it/them just when needed?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

desiree_matas
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Manuel

You should be able to do that via Config Tool. Switch to the 'configuration editor' mode and go to cluster_data -> server -> cfg -> services. Look for the service and make click on the propertysheet. Usually you can modify the startup mode there.

Regards,

Désiré

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Désirée,

..maybe this is the same thing, that can be seen in VisualAdmin -> Server -> Services -> choose a Service -> AdditionalInfo-Tab -> StartupMode...

But, as far as i know, the Portal is an application, not a service, so it cannot be found under services.

Best Regards,

Manuel

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Exactly, you are right Manuel.

However, you can make use of the "Initially_Not_Started_Apps" property of deploy service. You can modify it again in the VA as you described above (in the Properties tab).

For example, to disable Portal add sap.com/irj to the list.

Hope it helps!

-Vladimir

0 Kudos

Hello Vladimir,

yes, that sounds good - unfortunately the sap.com/irj is still started, but I guess because it is required by other apps. Is there a way to disable an application (without undeploying it) so that all depending apps are not started as well and then starting it manually when necessary?

Best Regards,

Manuel

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Manuel,

Unfortunately it's not directly prossible. But you can issue the telnet command

LLR sap.com/irj -r

to list all depending apps and then also add them to the list of Initially_Not_Started_Apps.

HTH!

-Vladimir

0 Kudos

Hello Vladimir,

that sounds interesting, but I have problems to logon through telnet (>telnet localhost 50108): it says "Authorisation failed" when logging in with Administrator (Login to VisualAdmin with this user works fine).

There is a dependency view in VisualAdmin -> Class Loader Viewer, but there I cannot find the irj-app and it does not just list the applications.

Any Hints would be welcome

Best regards,

Manuel

vijayakhanna_raman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

U can do it but not automatically. U will have to do it everytime ur server is restarted. Go to Visual admin -> J2E -> Server -> Services -> Deploy -> Click the Application radio button at the bottom. Now ur sap.com/irj will be listed. Choose that and click 'Stop Application'. Then ur portal will not run. Hope that helps.

Regards,

Vijai

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Manuel,

I have no idea why you can login to VA but not with telnet. Maybe you can find some clues in the default trace...

In the Class Loader Viewer, you should search for loader with the name "sap.com/irj" and check its referees. Anyway, if you can login with telnet, I feel it would be easier with the LLR command.

HTH!

-Vladimir