cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring Multiple Receivers in XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai All,

I have one scenario where in I am using data which is available in File as sender. I have to update this data in 3 Receivers of which one is database(using JDBC Adapter), File (File Adapter), Idoc (Idoc Adapter). How can I configure this scenario in Integration directory ?

How many interface determinations, receiver determinations, sender agreements, receiver agreements do I require?

Help is very much appreciated.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prak,

The easiest way is to make

1 Inbound Interface

1 Outbound Interface

1 Sender Agreement

3 Communication channels at receiver

3 Interface mappings

1 Message Mappings

You dont need to do any change in Repository but just need to configure the receiver side.

Regards,

Shri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

Bhavesh Can u please brief your answer a little more.

former_member189418
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Srenivas,

In the receiver Determination, add all the three recievers and define appropriate Interface Determinations for each reciever and also the Reciever agreements. U shud not use the enhanced option in Interface Determination (for multimapping) as it sends all the message to the same receiver.

Anil

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Multimapping allows you to perfrom Split mappings ( 1:N mapping ) without a BPM.

2. Multimapping does not work when you are using a Receiver IDoc adapter/

So, taking you requirement into pivture,

1. Your receiver determination can use 2 Receivers, One for the Jdbc and the Mail and the other for the idoc.

2. The Interface determination for Jdbc and mail will use the MultiMapping concept ( Extended Interface determination ) and for the Idoc a separate Interface determination with one mapping.

This way you can cut down on the number of mappings from 3 to 2 and get a better performance.

Regards

Bhavesh

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Or, you can use 2 Receivers, and in that one of the interafce determination would use MultiMapping without BPM.

And the other would be for the Idoc's.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hI

Rx Determinations 3

Int Determinations 3

Sender Agreement - 1

Receiver Agreements - 3

Regards

krishna

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can add as many receivers as you want in your receiver determination step.

(http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/43/a513f2632c332ce10000000a11466f/frameset.htm)

In case your routing is based on conditions you can enable XPATH and acheive the routing

Ref:

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/06/07/customise-your-xpath-expressions-in-receiver-determination

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2005/08/03/xpath-to-show-the-path-multiple-receivers