cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Map XML to BAPI. Did I miss something?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have imported (a self created) BAPI. I have mapped my input XML to this BAPI. Within the Message Mapping tool (integration repository) I tried to test this mapping (via input XML file). After trying for some hours ! I do not succeed to get data into the field of the BAPI. I have the feeling it has to do something with occurrences 0..unbounded of the BAPI fields.

Any help or suggestion?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you have a optional element such as a bapi structure you need to make sure that the parent level of the field you are trying to map has at least an empty constant assigned to it. If not the mapping for that will be ignored.

Cheers,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wilbert,

make sure that you disable the fields in the bapi which are not used for mapping .

Priyanka

Former Member
0 Kudos

We're facing the same issue. In our case it's the XML input which contains unbounded fields and no BAPI fields get filled by testing in the test panel.

Did you solve the problem ? can you give an hint ?

Thx,

mejj

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. can you try with a standard bapi?

try uploading a standard bapi to your repository and create a mapping once more.

2. you can also take a look at this how to document: "Mapping Functionality in XI"

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/xi/mapping functionality in xi.pdf

Regards,

michal