cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting Authentication Method for WD in ESS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone. I have finish my webdynpro application. I have integrate my WD application into ESS (Area page Career and Job). There is 7 pair JCo Connection created (Metadata and Modeldata). All of this JCo connection using authentication method <b>user / password</b> both for metadata and modeldata. My application work normally using this authentication setting. But when I see many thread discuss about authentication method (user/password or ticket), it makes me doubt that my setting is correct. Is my setting correct (all Jco using user/password) or wrong ? How i know to use user/ password or ticket ? Is there any documentation from SAP that explain this ? Thank you

Regards,

Satria

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satria,

A connection to the backend from WebDynpro is made up out of two JCO connections. The first one (metadata) is used to retrieve the function definition (to check if the interface is still correct). For this, you must use username/password.

The other one is the data connection, which is used to actually call the method. Since this is used to retrieve and store user data the connection should be made using the user's logon credentials. You should use SSO ticket for this (if you use username/password, all users will connect using this specific account).

Regards,

Johan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

ESS is user specific data. And model data is user specific.

So, it you use a username/passowrd.. all users will see the same data.. the data in respect to the user name given.

So, we are supposed to use SAP logon tickets for JCo.. so that.. the current logged on user details would be displayed.

Regards

Bharathwaj

Former Member
0 Kudos