cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Team Center Vs SAP PLM & ECM

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have to purchased 120 licenses at the time of implementing SAP. Now we are looking for the implementing PLM tool and Engineering Change Management tool (Configuration change management).

My team has come up with following recommendation:-

a) Implement the Team center software(UGS Product) for the PLM as well as ECM.

I have following queries:-

1 . Is it prudent to go for Team Center software or implement SAP PLM & ECM?

2. What are the advantages of Team Center over SAP PLM & ECM?

3. Till when SAP is going to give support for version 4.6C?

4. What is the version of SAP PLM available in market?

5. Can I implement latest version of SAP PLM with my 4.6c version?’

6. Do I need to upgrade my entire SAP 4.6c version to SAP ECC 5.0 or SAP ECC 6.0?

7. Can I use my old licenses with the new version of SAP PLM & ECM?

8. How does the economics will work out? Is it cheaper to implement SAP PLM & ECM instead of going for team center?

I have whole bunch of consultants from Team center but I need an independent opinion from third party.

I need a quick reply on above queries to make a final decision.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Some of the questions I answer -

1 . Is it prudent to go for Team Center software or implement SAP PLM & ECM?

If your organization is more into designing - cad area then teamcenter has an edge over sap. Companies like GM, Caterpillar have Teamcenter as PLM and SAP as ERP.

2. What are the advantages of Team Center over SAP PLM & ECM?

Teamcenter is very easy to navigate and work for designers. Easy to operate ECM and customise. Data exchange with multi sites collaboration is much better in Teamcenter than SAP. Administration of teamcenter is fraction of SAP admin.

Object level security is very high in Teamcenter.

From the support point of view a single person can manage deployment, application user support.

Anirudh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

martin_bachmann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

on the other side an integrated solution also offers some advantages:

- you do not need two applications (training, hardware, maintenance, ...), SAP PLM offers all features from TC

- SAP PLM is directly integrated into SAP ERP, no costly integration required

- The direct CAD Integration into SAP via the DSC Add-On (http://www.dscsag.com/) integrates NX very smooth and easy to use into SAP PLM

- integrated processes like change management (e.g. design change triggered by production) or project management are now easily possible

- SAP PLM is part of the SAP ERP licence, only the CAD direct integration from SAP requires an extra licence.

- SAP PLM 4.6c already offers many features, of course every release has more...

- If you also integrate TC properly into SAP ERP and think about the built in multi site support and the integrated collaboration via cFolders, and the already available licencesI would already doubt that TC is cheaper. On the long run SAP PLM is definetly cheaper, as you can save training, hardware, backup, maintenance, updates, ...

Best regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. u can implement team centre , the best thing in team center is it is very user friendly.. i have 2 years of exp in team and at present ia m working on sap plm. so my exp is team center is user friendly as compared to sap plm. and u can also intregrate team center with ur sap (dms).

2. team center is totally icon based . one is team center enterprise and one is team engineering. when u directly click on cad software it directly coneect with team center no need to logio. but not in case with sap plm. other benefits also.

3.sap is giving support for every version. whether its is 4.7 or ecc6.

4. version 4.0 sap plm is currently using in market.

5.better u gor for ecc6, if u have not implemented sap plm yet.

6.better u go for ecc6.0

7. yes

8. i think team center is cheap a nd if u customize from ur sidew then its is very cheap.. other wis eit is also costly..

plz reward points , this information suitable to u..

any help u want to need regarding team center, contact me

my email id: amit.dhar@hotmail.com

thanks

amit dhar