Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP proxy

former_member210091
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey friends

i m going through the following thread about ABAP proxy and am kinda confused

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/1387. [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

suppose i have a scenario for R/3(IDOC)->XI->File.

then i will create the proxy under tcode SPROXY in R/3 server and also generate the ABAP report in SE38 on the R/3 side,right?

also for ABAPproxy scenarios(client or server proxy)do i still need to do all the configuration steps,like SM59,WE20,WE21,BD54 and SM59,IDX1,IDX2?

thanx

Saif

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saif,

ABAP Proxies are created for the message interfaces created in XI.

IDOCs are best triggered via IDOC adapter than ABAP Proxies. But even i would be curious to know how IDOCs can be triggered via ABAP Proxies. Because IDOCs and RFCs are themselves considered as message interfaces and we dont create a separate message interface for these.

Since we dont have a message interface, this doesnt list in the SPROXY transaction.

Regards,

Vinayak Kamath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

>>IDOCs are best triggered via IDOC adapter

says who?comparison between IDOC adapter and proxies depend upon a lot of conditions,we can't directly say that IDOC adapters are best.

also if we can create a message interface for IDOC or RFC and use this message interface to create proxy.

thanx

ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmad,

Thanks for correcting me.

I would be intrested to know how the idocs get triggered via ABAP Proxies. We use ABAP proxies to invoke function modules and never got a chance to find how to invoke IDOCs. My perception is still to invoke the BAPI corresponding to the IDOC (Every idoc has its corresponding BAPI)

Not sure if it makes sense, but would be glad to understand this,

Regards,

Vinayak Kamath

Answers (0)