Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Org Structure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I am new to SDN and new to SD too.

I have one sales org and 3 distri channels viz Wholesale(WH), Direct (DI) and Dealer (DE)for retail. I have 4 divns. Motorcycle(MO), bicycle(BI), Toytricycle(TO) and 4th is accessories(AC).

I have maintained common divn by VOR2. All my channels can sell all products. My common divn is MO. I am able to sell all products thru sales area SO01,WH,MO. or SO01,DI,MO or SO01, DE,MO

My question is when I am actually going to use other sales areas like SO01, WH,BI and SO01 WH DE or SO01, WH,AC.

I am confused. when is the use of other sales areas?

Can someone guide me.? Pl reply asap.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Adiraj.,

Its all depend on the client requirement,I their business scenario is if they want to sell the bycycle via 3 distribution channels then they do common distribution channel & Common division

REWARD if helpfull

Thanks & Regards

Narayana

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Das

you have one sales org SO01 and three Dis Cha WH,DI and DE with four Div MO,BI,TO and AC. So this is your org structure for now. In some scenarios not allways client sell the products through only one sales area.For example...

SO01 -> WH -> MO

SO01 -> WH -> BI

SO01 -> WH -> TO

SO01-> WH -> AC

Here ...sales org 1 is selling MO ,BI ,TO AND AC throught only one Discha WH.

i think this is clear for you. But in some scenarios,The client may wants to sell the same products MO through DI (Direct),that is different Discha DI. Now we have the necessity to create another SALES AREA. THAT IS...

SO01->DI -> MO. This is the main purpose of creating different sales areas according to your client's requirement.For this ,sometimes you need to Extend your materials,if only it is required.

think ,this will help you.

madhan_narlapuram
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

SO01, WH,BI and SO01 WH DE or SO01, WH,AC..............!!

1) when u need a bycycle from a whole sare the u can use SO01, WH,BI

2) for SO01 WH DE ... u can not use two distribution channels for at a time with an item

3)forSO01, WH,AC....if u need some accessories from a whole salers then u will use this

thanks

madhan

reward points if useful