cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving XI Objects from a Old Windows XI Server to a New AIX XI Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everybody!

I have a landscape with 3 XI systems (DEV, QAS and PRD). After some months using my DEV machine, I need to substitute it by a new one.

How should I proceed? Can I export repository and directory objects and then import them into the new XI system in the new machine?

Thanks

Julio

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to replace the old, system, it is prefer to export all the objects first, then import the same.

Btw, make sure that, you transported all the SLD objects first. After this process, are you going to retain the old system? if not, then it is prefer to do as per your thought..

Hope this helps,

regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna

I wont retain my old system! So, I was thinking about exporting all the objects from the old system, and then import them into the new one.

What about SLD? I have only one SLD (in the XI PRD system)!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can't you generate an image from the instance (backup) and recover it in new system?

Depending on the number of scenarios, it might be the fastest way (since you won't need to reenter your adapters information and all).

Ask for a Basis for help on this regard. You'll need to remove the new install data base and replace the new one. There are also some other extra steps.

Regards,

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Julio,

Import the IR & then ID objects. Make sure that new system is able to get technical & business systems details from SLD (As you hav mentioned that there is only one SLD so new XI system should have these details or else you export SLD object also & import it in new system if it will be using its own SLD)

Regards

Sushil