- <key>

<jobId>00595593</jobId>

<status1>NEW</status1>

<messagenm>d3e98e294bfcd2d5d3e98e29</messagenm>

</key>

</dbTableName>

</STATEMENTNAME>

</ns0:MT_UPDATE_STATUS>

However, I need to change the table name being output from stfx.job_copy to stfx.job_history . How do I do this??? Where is it configured?

Thanks

null

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

you need to change it in your mapping

and inside it change <TABLE> tag to the value you need

(with constant function )

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

I see what you are saying. But when I am in the Integration Repository, I cannot switch from Display to Edit mode. How can I make an edit in the IR ??

Thanks

Shane

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

make sure you are in Dev system,u cant make any changes in IR in QA and PRD,so make sure ur in Dev system,and then u have correct version of Java installed 1.4.2,also the object should not be locked ,

thanx

ahmad

Message was edited by:

Ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmad,

But you are allowed to make changes to Integration Directory in QAS?? Because I have made changes there that have taken effect.

How would I know if I am in DEV or not. From my understanding of our XI system, we don't have DEV/QAS/PRD. All we have is one XI system. Is there a way to change between the two??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

Yeah,u can make changes in ID in both QA and PRD,its allowed there coz a lot of times(infact most of the times)we need to feed entries manually(like File path in case of File scenarios,URL in case of HTTP,user id and pwd for FTP etc)

so for all this we can make changes in ID in both QA and PRD but not allowed in IR.

also we always have Dev,QA and PRD,we atleast have different J2ee port numbers to differentiate betweenthem.

in QA and PRD,when u click on any objects,suppose message mapping,it will say on top "Changes or modifications not allowed"

thanx

ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I click on a message mapping, mine says "Display Message Mapping (Software component version cannot be changed)" but it doesn't say "Changes or modifications not allowed"

Since we only have one XI system, any idea how to get back into DEV mode so that I can make a change in IR??

Thanks again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey

yeah:)

i didnt exactly remember what it says,but it means ur not in Dev,either ur in QA or PRD.

goto IR in DEV system,and then make the changes u wanna make and then re-export it and the import it again.

u have one XI server but u always have dev,QA and PRD,get in touch wid ur basis team in thois regard,also a lot of times client number is diff.

thanx

ahmad

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

<i>Display Message Mapping (Software component version cannot be changed)" but it doesn't say "Changes or modifications not allowed"</i>

>>For this open the Software Component in the IR. You can see all the namespaces listed under that software components And then at the bottom of the page you can 2 option button stating "change ....etc... check this ..

Hope it helps,

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

I see all the name spaces in the IR, but I don't see two buttons at the bottom of the page?? Can you provide me with any more help/suggestions??

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmad,

I spoke with BASIS and we do only have one environment - obviously it would be better to have DEV/QAS/PRD, but I have to deal with what's there.

Any ideas how to switch to DEV mode?? (Our Basis guy said that XI was first installed locally on a developers machine, and then exported from that machine to the XI server. The IR was editable on the developers machine, but once on the server, was no longer editable).

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

goto software component version and select the "Objects are modifiable check box"

save it(it will promt u,just ignore the prompt,by clicking close),after that u will be able to make changs,but i wont suggest to have a single environment,see if u guys can split in dev,qa and prd.

thanx

ahmad

Pl:Reward with points if helpful

Message was edited by:

Ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmad,

That worked - although I see what you mean. It shouldn't be left like this.

Back to the original problem. I currently have XML being generated as follows:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

- <ns0:MT_UPDATE_STATUS xmlns:ns0="http://test.test.ca">

- <STATEMENTNAME>

- <dbTableName action="UPDATE">

<TABLE>stfx.job_copy</TABLE>

- <access>

<status1>DONE</status1>

<status2>DONE</status2>

</access>

- <key>

<jobId>00595593</jobId>

<status1>NEW</status1>

<messagenm>d3e98e294bfcd2d5d3e98e29</messagenm>

</key>

</dbTableName>

</STATEMENTNAME>

</ns0:MT_UPDATE_STATUS>

I need to change stfx.job_copy to stfx.job_history. Now that I am able to edit the IR, I still don't see where stfx.job_copy is hard-coded. I know it is in message mapping, but when I click on TABLE, I do not see anywhere to change stfx.job_copy. Any ideas?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

just double click <TABLE> on receiver side and it will show u coded with a constant.u can change it thr

thanx

ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

I am now able to edit in my IR. But, I still don't understand what you are suggesting. How can I see the current value that is being assigned within the <TABLE> tags. Shouldn't I be able to see the current value somehow. If I can get to that point, I can change it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey

do as i said in my previous post and u shud be able to change the value of constant.

thanx

ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmad,

I think something else is wrong then. I can click on the Message Mapping and pull up the appropriate mapping. But, when I click on <TABLE> on the receiving side, I see TABLE appear in the lower box, but nowhere does it say constant??

Any ideas why this config could be different?

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you clicking on the right side? And no other fields are connected to it?

Also, are you sure there isn't any other mapping program?

Check your interface mapping for the mapping pipeline.

Regards,

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am clicking on the right side.

Should there be lines connecting the sending and receiving message type (because my message mappings to not contain any of these lines)?? I know that the way the system is configured now is working, but trying to change things is proving quite complicated.

When I test the mapping, it executes successfully.

Any ideas?

SL

Answers (0)