Sourcing and Product category hierarchy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I have a problem concerning sourcing.

Here is the system's info:

SRM_SERVER 550 (SAPKIBKT08)

Extended classic scenario

I want the products that don't have an assigned source of supply to go directly to sourcing. I did that customizing, and everything went well.

However, when i activated the product category hierarchies ( SPRO -> ... -> SRM Server -> Cross-applications Basic Settings -> Activate Hierarchies for Product Categories, Vendors, and Contracts), the products don't go to sourcing anymore.

I'm really confused....

could someone please help me??

Thank you and best regards.

Emmanuelle

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Emmanuel,

I am doing some indepth study in this regard, actually first of all what is the significance of this hierarchy in SRM. I read in the SAP help portal that this hierarchy is also responsible for determining the source of supply. I am also not sure how this is possible.

I am trying to get more information on this. Could you please let me know if you have any details in this regard

Thank You

With Regards

Abhinandan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Emmanuel,

I did some search and looks like there is a OSS Note to correct this problem, i am not sure whether you have already found the solution as this problem you encountered 3 months before, please go through this link below -

https://websmp109.sap-ag.de/~form/handler?_APP=01100107900000000342&_EVENT=REDIR&_NNUM=1062715&_NLAN...

OSS Note - 1062715

Thank You

Abhinandan Udupi