cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parameters to stored procedure from sender JDBC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using the JDBC sender adapter to call the Oracle stored procedure. Oracle version is 10.2. hence I m using function call using select.

My concern is, how to pass the input parameter to Oracle function from JDBC sender.

Regards,

Kavita

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kavita,

This has been described in this blog,

/people/jegathees.waran/blog/2007/03/02/oracle-table-functions-and-jdbc-sender-adapter

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

I have already configured adapter for calling table function. My concern is, can I pass the input parameter to this function?

If not, I need to change the approach, and need to use receiver JDBC[as need to pass input parameter].

Can JDBC Receiver adapter support stored procedure for Oracle[10.2], if it returns values not the cursor. Or we need to have call to function table similar to sender adapter?

-Kavita

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kavita,

When you mean an Input parameter on the Sender JDBC adapter, doesi ti mply you want to pass some value dynamically? Like maybe the TimeStamp? If yes, as far as I know the answer is No. Sender JDBC adapters allow Statis Queires ( including Using oracle Table Functions).

Receiver JDBC adapters support Oracle SP's. I have not given it a try practically, but I have seen a POC that was able to trigger a Synchronous Call to a Stored Procedure oon Oracle DB and get the response back. There was nothing special ( no changes )apart from the existing means of calling a SP and we were able to get the response back using a Oracle SP.

The cursor issue no longer holds but as it was not me who worked on this demo, I am not sure myself as to how different this call was. From the inputs I got , it looked like the same call to a SP like on any other database. On the receiver side, no Table Functions were used.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

Thanks alot for your inputs. This helps alot.

-Kavita

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kavita,

<i>I am using the JDBC sender adapter to call the Oracle stored procedure</i>

<i>Unfortunately, the sender JDBC adapter does not support Oracle's stored procedure/function. Unlike stored procedures from other database vendors, Oracle returns a cursor, not a resultset. The sender JDBC adapter must send a resultset to XI.</i>

[Not sure about latest versions of Oracle]

<i>can I pass the input parameter to this function? </i>

In my opinion, No

<i>If not, I need to change the approach, and need to use receiver JDBC[as need to pass input parameter]. </i>

This could be possible but havent tried it

<i>Can JDBC Receiver adapter support stored procedure for Oracle[10.2]</i>

Yes

Regards,

Prateek

Answers (0)