cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generating Proxies for SAP Basis Objects?

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

All,

Is it possible to generate proxies for your interfaces under SAP Basis Component?

1. I checked in SPROXY on my R3 and the SAP Basis Component is not displayed here.What I also noticed is that none of the SWCV's containing Pre Delivered Integration Content is displayed in SPROXY.

Is it necessary that the options , <b>All Objects are Modifiable and Original Objects</b> be selected for Proxies to be generated on the SAP Shipped SWCV's?

2. As a work around ( one which did not work ) I created a Depenedency in the SLD for my SWCV on the SAP BASIS Swcv and I am now able to see the BASIS Objects in the IR under my Custom SWCV .

But even then in SPROXY , (basis Objects )message interfaces are not displayed.

Has anyone tried something of this sort? Is there some setting we need to do to enable proxy generation for SAP Delivered Components?

Regards

Bhavesh

PS: I am able to see my custom SWCV in SPROXY and trigger proxy calls Successfully.

I can generate a Custom Messge interface using the Message Type of the SAP Basis Component and create the Proxy to this Message interface . But, I just want to know if anyone has had success with the above concepts

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>>1. I checked in SPROXY on my R3 and the SAP Basis Component is not displayed here.What I also noticed is that none of the SWCV's containing Pre Delivered Integration Content is displayed in SPROXY.

disable connection to IB from R3 (for a moment)

and you will see SAP delivered components

you can check (test) proxy classes then

Regards,

michal

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

><i>disable connection to IB from R3 (for a moment)</i>

Would appreciate if you can provide more details on what you imply here.

Do you mean to that I reset the connection on my R3 system by deleting and recreating them? .If yes, my basis team is gonna come at me with Daggers

Regards

Bhavesh

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In exchange profile

change com.sap.aii.connect.repository.httpport from 5XX00 to 5XX01

for one minute (save)

and go to sproxy

-refresh in sproxy and should see XI demo and XI system interfaces

>>>>.If yes, my basis team is gonna come at me with Daggers

they don't need to know

remember to come back with original value

for com.sap.aii.connect.repository.httpport

after you're done

Regards,

michal

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Okie Michal, Will try this and give the results in a while.

If it does work, my next question would be what did I just do now? And how did it help me?

Regards

Bhavesh

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>> And how did it help me?

hehe you will know the generated proxy classes names

Regards,

michal

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Michal,

Tried this,

1. When I change the port in my Exchange Profile, I can see all the namesapces in my SPROXY including the BASIS objects, but with this port value, unable to generate the Proxy Objects.

2. When I revert back the port in Exchange Profile, things go back as early , back to square one.

Does this imply, that we cannot generae proxies on SAP Basis Components?

Regards

Bhavesh

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>>with this port value, unable to generate the Proxy Objects.

but they are already generated... do you see that ?

>>>>Does this imply, that we cannot generae proxies on SAP Basis Components?

indeed

Regards,

michal

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

><i>but they are already generated... do you see that ?</i>

I did notice it. But didnt dig deep enough . Will give this a real close look tom morning .

<i>>>>>Does this imply, that we cannot generae proxies on SAP Basis Components?

indeed</i>

That answered my Question Thanks for the info.

I guess I will have to create a message Interface will the Message Type from the BASIS Component and use this Message Interface.

The only issue I am now wondering with this approach would be, what if the Message Type structure changes during some SP upgrade? Due to some new feature being added?

Any experiences to share michal?

Thanks a bunch for all those inputs.

Regards

Bhavesh

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

>>>>what if the Message Type structure changes during some SP upgrade?

1. proxy regeneration - but should SAP components (for real

proxies - should not change I guess)

2. you don't use SAP basis in real scenarios

Regards,

michal

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Stefan Grube's Answer in this thread summed up the problem I faced and the answer to it,

Regards

Bhavesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh,

Just opened my R/3 and found that no predelivered SWCV exists there. Never noticed this.

>>Is it necessary that the options , All Objects are Modifiable and Original Objects be selected for Proxies to be generated on the SAP Shipped SWCV's?

I am sure, you dont need this. We have worked on SRM integration, where we worked on ABAP proxies for SRM SWCV (predelivered). I could see all interfaces for SAP BASIS in SRM system.

May be there is some setting to enable the use of predelivered proxies in R/3, that we are not aware of.

Hope some one who has worked on this, gives us a soln.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jai,

><i>Just opened my R/3 and found that no predelivered SWCV exists there. Never noticed this .

We have worked on SRM integration, where we worked on ABAP proxies for SRM SWCV (predelivered). I could see all interfaces for SAP BASIS in SRM system.</i>

Am lost here 2 contradictory statements...

When you refer to your R3 system is this your non SRM System?

Does this imply that you can see these objects on your SRM system but not on your R3 sysetm?

Thanks for the inputs,

regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh,

Sorry for the confusion. I meant I could see the predelivered components in SRM but not in any other R/3 systems. eg. SAP SRM SERVER 5.0, SAP BASIS

Regards,

Jai Shankar

P.S: Seems am not good at using tech terms.