cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call Existing Asset IViews from Web Dynpro using eventing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to pass a Equipment Number from one of my WebDynPro's converted to IVIEW to a stock IVIEW from SAP called Create Notification.

Basically I followed the example and coded

WDPortalEventing.fire("urn:com.sap.pct.plm:NotificationCreate", "equipmentID", "32000140");

I got the URN from the properties of Content Management of the portal as far as event and parameter how can I find this out since I don't have access to SAP's code.

Any help would greatly be appreciated

Cheers,

Devlin

(A java developer trying to get my hands around the SAP implementation)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Devlin,

I am not sure if my post can help. In the first iView u are firing a portal event with a function name.

The namespace with the function name act as a signature.

In the second iview we have to subscribe to this using the same signature.

(Second iview)And in the place of argument called action give the name of a action which has a string parameter with the name dataObject. This will have the value you have passed.

Regards

Bharathwaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the respone

Basically I think I just need to know what SAP's implementation of the iview is calling there action or what is the name they are subscribing to. IE I have equipmentID for the second parameter, but I need to find out what SAP's iview is using as that parameter in there subscribe method and also if the URN is correct. Is this possible, I don't know where to find it since I don't have access to there internal code. Thanks Again

Cheers,

Devlin

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am just reposting this hopefully to get some details has anyone successfully created a webdynpro iview and fired off an event that the SAP Iviews (Iviews that you can load into the portal) has caught. IE Like the search for equipment gives a list of equipement ID's when you click on an equipmentID it populates 4 other iviews with the equipment number. Please has anyone had success in this

Cheers,

Devlin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Devlin:

WDPortalEventing.fire("urn:com.sap.pct.plm:NotificationCreate", "equipmentID", "32000140");

The second parameter should be the function name you called in WEB dynpro,

the 3rd one is the parameter.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

So the second parameter is the function name I created in WebDynPro (ie the action) or is this the iviews function crated by SAP. If it is the stock Iview where could I find the documentation on what the function names are, I assume the parameter is the actual equipmentNumber I am passing.

Thanks again in advance

Devlin