cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System number with leading 0 causes proxy generation to fail in .NET conn

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using the SAP .NET connector for the first time. We have several SAP systems. When I attempt to use connections in the SAPlogon.ini file, I can browse the BOR but not create a proxy class. When I drag an object over, an error is returned.

If I set up a manual connection to SAP, specifying the client, system, host, userid, password, I can drag an object over and get class creation to work.

However, this only works on our systems that have a system number of 00. The SAP instance with a system number of 02 does not work! When I try and drag an object over, an error is returned that makes it look like the handoff to java is failing. I've talked to a Microsoft expert...they only have SAP system numbers of 00 or 10, 20, 30, etc. -- none with leading zeros.

Could it be that the system number is being turned into an integer (02-->2) and the handoff of this system number to java is causing the problem?

Here's the error:

INFO:using logging implementation "AII Logging"

Exception in thread "main" com.sap.aii.upload.sap.SAPConnectionException$ConnectFailed: Unable to establish connection to R/3 system sapsi4ci.itg.ti.com (system=2, client=930)

at com.sap.aii.upload.sap.SAPConnection.connect(SAPConnection.java:103)

at com.sap.aii.upload.sap.SAPConnection.<init>(SAPConnection.java:38)

at com.sap.aii.upload.tool.RFC2WSDLTool.getWSDLforRFCs(RFC2WSDLTool.java:81)

at com.sap.aii.upload.tool.RFC2WSDLTool.main(RFC2WSDLTool.java:196)

If there is a patch to this, I'd sure like to get it!

Thanks...Russ

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got an error at time my function to drag and drop function into the SAPProxy1.sapwsdl file.I develope my project as asp.net web application in Visual Studio .NET 2003.

I think, If I see my function at server explorer, how Sap connection can be wrong I dont understand. while I just drag and drop function into the SAPProxy1.sapwsdl file, I get an error.

I installed:

SAP.Net.Setup_2.0

Java 6 update 11 (jr6)

but I 'm getting error below:

using logging implementation u201CAII Loggingu201D Exception in thread u201Cmainu201D com.sap.aii.upload.sap.SAPConnectionexception$connectFailed:Unable to establish connection to R/3 system u2026.(system=..;client..;)

at com.sap.aii.upload.sap.SAPConnection.connect(SAPConnection.java:103)

at com.sap.aii.upload.sap.SAPConnection.(SAPConnection.java:38)

at com.sap.aii.upload.tool.RFC2WSDLTool.getWSDLforRFCs(RFC2WSDLTool.java:81)

at com.sap.aii.upload.tool.RFC2WSDLTool.main(RFC2WSDLTool.java:196)

How can I solve this situation?.

Thank You

Edited by: emrean on Aug 25, 2009 12:54 PM

Edited by: emrean on Aug 25, 2009 12:55 PM

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I just tried, but I cannot repro this behavior. E.g. I have a server here with system number "02", and it works fine, also if "2" is passed to Java.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply. I just returned from being out of town and will have to look at this later in the week.

Thanks

Russ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you end up getting a solution Russell? I'm seeing the same problem today on an implementation. On my developer's PC, everything works fine. I've got a virtual PC setup to test implementations and I'm seeing that the application cannot connect to the SAP server. The error indicates that the the system can't connect to my server QAS with system number 1. The .net destination has a property called .SystemNumber that is a short integer and cannot hold to required "01". Even the SAP GUI login fails if I try to use system number 1 where 01 is required. What's the solution I wonder?

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

@Crew Reynolds

Did you find a solution for this issue? It is the same with the client number: stored as short in .net Connector but needs to be submitted with leading zeros...

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

The ABAP content of a SAP system is client independent, thus you can connect to another client as a workaround.

Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, but I think the data returned by the RFC will not be the same for every client. Or am I wrong?

Regards,

Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

The data returned by the RFC will not be the same for every client, but I recall this is a design time problem. It does not occur during runtime when using a connection string.

Regards,

Marcel

Edited by: m. kempers on Nov 10, 2009 1:05 PM