Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STO

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

can somebody explain me the following

Why do we have to maintain a common customer number for all the plant which is belonging to a same SORG,COCD,DC. when doing STO in the IMG >mm>pur>Set up STO.shipping data for the plant.

regards

vijay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

In STO ,you maintain the customer number of the receiving plant. This customer number is used in SD shipping processing to identify the goods recipient (ship-to party) if stock transfer to be carried out with an SD delivery.

Regards

Sanjay L

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vijay,

This is done in order to maintain Vendor and Customer relationship.

Go through the following thread:

Regards,

Naveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

We maintain the common customer for Plant in the config of STO because while carrying out the STO process we need to establish a relationship of VENDOR & CUSTOMER. We map the vendor no of one plant into customer no. of other and also the customer no. in Vendor master for the plant.

If this relationship is maintained then only when we create a STO the internal customer no. is automatically picked up for the receiving plant (refer shipping data) so that it is a Vendor - customer relationship. Also while making GR (goods receipt) if this customer vendor relationship is not matained it gives a error.

Hope the above helps you.

REWARD if it helps you!!

Regards,

Ajinkya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Consider there r 4 plants ( A,B,C,D) undr same company code 1000.& For STO one is i.e A is supplier Plant others r recieving plant i.e. B,C,D or vice versa. So inthis case B,C,D are the customers for Plant A . so how to maintain this customer for this . & some time it may happen B is supplier & A C D are customer or recieving plant.

so how to deal for STO & Returns

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

IMG --> Materials Management --> Purchasing --> Purchase Order --> Set Up Stock Transport Order (From here you can configure STO Process)

here you will assign B,C,D as customers for A...same vice versa....

Reward if it helps..

ramki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Link: http://help.sap.com/

Path: SAP Best Practices --> Baseline Packages --> Based on SAP ECC 5.00 --> Select Country: for eg, Localized for India --> Technical Information --> Building Blocks --> Select Country for eg, India --> <b>Stock Transfer Scenario's</b>.

Select the required basic configuration / scenario. These will consist of overview, configuration guide, business process, master data &so on ...........

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Reward points if helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

while making sto it is need to maintain the plant or depot to depot

we sholud maintain the customer master

for eg.for cpxx is new plant (depot) we have to maintain the customer master for that cp i.ezcpxx .while making the sto it should be helpful for doing the sto.

i think it should be helpful

any thing wrong plz revert to me

phani.g

Former Member
0 Kudos

with out customer name in sales order or stock transport order, how can you deliver to particular destination... for some legal procedure also we require to know where the stocks are going and other details...

reward if it helps...

ramki