cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Few Question around inbound and outbound

Former Member
0 Kudos

<b><b>Question 1.</b></b>

I have a scenario for IDOC WVINVE0 sending inventory data to legacy system and need to get back the same file with 2 field data which were empty at the time of sending to legacy.

So it makes the interface as outbound and inbound to SAP.

What should be the strategy to acheive the same?

<b>

Second Question</b>

In case of Outbound IDOC->XI->File

Transport acknowledgement will be used, is it possible to know which record had a problem or not as in this case XI wil be sending ack . Can you please give me the steps to do the transport ack.

And if I want to acheive this then I guess I will have to create different interface to get the error file from legacy system and then send the email to the concerned person.

<b>

Third Question</b>

Scenario File -> XI -> IDOC

How can I acheive application ack and what are the steps to acheive the same.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anyone please answer Question 2 ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

u dont need to use mail adapter to send back acknowledgement.

also have a look at the folowing for File acknowledgement

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2006/06/22/xi-playing-with-the-file-adapters-acknowledgments

thanx

ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmad,

Thanks for the Michal's blog I have already read that. But please carefully read my question 2.

About Question 3

I am trying to undertsand how XI will send message to sender once received the ALEAUD message. My requirement is to send email to the concerned person.

regards

Rinku

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anyone answer Question 2.

In case of Outbound IDOC->XI->File

Transport acknowledgement will be used, is it possible to know which record had a problem or not as in this case XI wil be sending ack . Can you please give me the steps to do the transport ack.

And if I want to acheive this then I guess I will have to create different interface to get the error file from legacy system and then send the email to the concerned person.As I have 6 interfaces and all of them need to have acknowledgment in place it means i will have to build six interfaces for picking up the error file from the server, which can impact the performance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahamd

Thanks for the links.

I am wondering when I have ALEAUDIT enabled and message is sent back to XI as acknowledgment, would it be seperate interface and then i will have to send that to sender system through email. then in this can I will have to create message interface and use mail adpater to send the message back.

regards

Rinku

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

>>Question 1.

on what basis are those two fields gonna be populated?u can split ur scenario into two async scenarios,one being IDOC to File and second one being File to IDOC.

have a look at the following to get acknowledgement from File in case of IDOC to File scenario.

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2006/06/22/xi-playing-with-the-file-adapters-acknowledgments

also have a look at the following for IDOC acknowledgement

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/903a0abc-e56e-2910-51a8-9dc616df...

/people/saravanakumar.kuppusamy2/blog/2005/01/20/configuration-tips-for-a-business-serviceintegration-process-to-send-back-ale-audit-idoc

thanx

ahmad