cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

products and SWCV's

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please correct me if I am wrong ! we build our interfaces on SWCV's. It's fine .......if we see for example for SAP R/3 we have SWCV's like this

SAP R/3 3.0F, 3.1G, 3.1H, 3.1I, 4.0A, 4.0B, 4.5A, 4.5B, 4.6A, 4.6B, 4.6C.

Basically these components even help to identify with which business system( I mean the type of SAP package) we are connected. I believe they won't help us technically to connect to the business system. ( I mean they won't act like any driver programs like in windows where we need these to work any hardware component).

thanks

kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

see here is the heierachy

Software Component----->Software Component version

>namespaces--

>IR objects(like Data types,MT,MI etc)

what else u wanna know?

>>which business system( I mean the type of SAP package)

BS is not the same as SAP package,for e.g. package can be a Mail package which u can download from marketplace for Mail scenarios and BS can be business system for R/3 etc.

thanx

ahmad

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Here is a layman's analogy..

Do you think it will be possible to connect to a particular machine just by knowing info about s/w components like MS word, MS access ?. These SWCs are part of a Business system called MS Office.

<i>"technically to connect to the business system." </i>

I am afraid one wont be able to connect to a Business system without first establishing the connection to the actual "technical system" where the Business system resides.

Moreover, one should understand that the SLD is merely a documentation of various systems in the landscape and their components.

To sum it up and to answer your question, one can't definitely think about establishing connection to a business system by mere info on the various components that are available in a system. One should also note that the SWC can also be present in another Business system.

Hope the above info adds more value to you

regards

krishna

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

<i>

we build our interfaces on SWCV's.</i>

Inside a SWC not on SWC

<i>Basically these components even help to identify with which business system( I mean the type of SAP package) we are connected</i>

If u refer business system as BS of SLD then it is comoletely unrelated.

<i>

I believe they won't help us technically to connect to the business system.</i>

Yes. SWC and BS are not connected technically and this is how we achieve reusability of SWC across different scenarios

Regards,

Prateek