cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I copy between systems with different R/3 releases/add-ons?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,all

help me!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Notes 19574 and 24853 provide basic information about this. The main or basic release must always be identical. Support Packages and add-ons should also have the same status in both systems. Only then can the consistency of the data be guaranteed.

For instance, if an add-on is only installed in the source system, the remote copy will terminate with a reference to differences in the dictionary or missing tables in the analysis phase, and will not make the copy. The remote copy terminates if not all data can be copied, in other words if, for instance, a field is missing in the target system, a field is too small or a complete table is missing. You can include individual tables and, from Release WAS 6.10, also development packages (formerly development classes) in the source system in an exception list, to avoid the termination. See note 557132 for further information.

The export does not experience this problem with the transport because the target system is not checked during the export. On the other hand, differences in the dictionary or missing tables are subsequently reported as errors during the import but this does not result in any termination. All of the data that can be imported is imported. In this respect, different ADD-ONs would not pose a problem for the client transport. to what extent is the data consistent or useable?

Former Member
0 Kudos

tell me more details or send me material?

thansk

Former Member
0 Kudos

more details:

SAP Note 552711 - FAQ Client copy

SAP Note 550894 - CC-ADMIN Setting up a new client

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please read this link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/a2/2f0c173a5e43d19585724239ff4de7/content.htm

It would help you in clarification of System copy.

Thanks