Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using IGS Gantt Chart from Web Dynpro?

matthias_fiebig
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I've seen a very good implementation of IGS Gantt Charts in the NW ABAP Stack (Class: CLG_PHTMLB_GANTTCHART).

I where any Class at the JAVA Stack of NW. The simple Business Graphics Classes are not so good to use.

Thanks Matthias

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Erin, thanks valery...

your answers are perfect!

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I try to change the Marker Type, NW IDE crashes and the JVM gets terminated with a message about showsplash.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Valery, hi Armin,

I have a exact question about the gantt chart type in the business graphics.

After successful "implementing" the example from the NW Help i regognize that the points will be showed as single data objects (not as time-bar like in the graphic)

I think the solution is somewhere in the properties of the chart designer!? Like already mentioned there is no documentation about the properties, isn't it?

Please give me an advice:

How to customize an business graphic of the type gantt chart to get the expected graphic. (like the graphic from the NW 04 Tutorial)

Erin2
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

If you want to see a time bar, simply change the point shape to none. I know, it's not documented.

Thanks, Erin

Erin2
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Oops, I guess the Chart Designer calls it "Marker Shape"

Set Marker Shape to none, and the time bar will be displayed.

Thanks, Erin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Florian,

It was several monthes ago, but if my memory serves me well you have to select correct presentation in "customizing" of data serie. It's a point (or dimond) by default and you have to select bar in chart designer.

VS

Former Member
0 Kudos

What do you mean?

It exists in NW, it highly customizable, supports nested levels and clickable regions. What's else?

VS

matthias_fiebig
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

ok what I mean is not to say in some words you must take a look at the ABAP stack and the PHTMLB Libary where is a BSP-Extension for GanttCharts (BSP-Element ganttChart).

I mean somthing like this high level attribute (days, weekends, ...).

OK I can use the classes and it is highly customizable, but I think the documentation how to use is not very usefule. I ve started with the gantt tutorial and run in different problems with nested levels and point customizing.

Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you please exactly describe which problems you are facing with the Web Dynpro BusinessGraphics element?

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, probably documentation is lacking -- there is only one tutorial in NW help regarding Gannt chart. But I learned everything necessary from it. The only thing that was really curious is understanding of how series works and how to hide certain points via customizing.

Also I saw a ActiveComponent~Gannt in UI controls palette in some early build of next NW version. Sadly, have no chance to play with it and form an opinion.

VS

Former Member
0 Kudos

What means "are not so good to use"?

Armin