cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebAS J2EE Engine not starting..Stuck with Yellow instance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using WebAS7.0, The SAP MMC does not start the Jcontrol instance remains yellow and does not change into green.

When i try to start Config tool to resolve the issue i get the error "<b>Error occurred while working with Configuration (Scanning). Msg Error while connecting to DB</b>.” So I could not connect to config tool.

when i see the developer trace for Jcontrol.exe then it shows that

" ERROR Invalid return code for process [bootstrap] [exitcode = 66] [jstartxx.c 1452]"

"JcontrolExecuteBootstrap:Error executing bootstrap node [rc 66]"

I have seen the jvm_bootstrap.out file then it shows that database initialization fail and so it raises the exeption

I beleive this is because of full DB log files can anyone give idea regarding how to delete or take backup of old db logfiles, so that my J2EE engine starts.

Here is what my bootstrap log says

-

Bootstrap MODE:

<INSTANCE GLOBALS>

determined by parameter [ID0087499].

-

Exception occured:

com.sap.engine.bootstrap.SynchronizationException: Database initialization failed! Check database properties!

at com.sap.engine.bootstrap.Bootstrap.initDatabaseConnection(Bootstrap.java:422)

at com.sap.engine.bootstrap.Bootstrap.<init>(Bootstrap.java:144)

at com.sap.engine.bootstrap.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:814)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)

at com.sap.engine.offline.OfflineToolStart.main(OfflineToolStart.java:81)

-

==[ Caused by: ]==----

com.sap.engine.frame.core.configuration.ConfigurationException: Error while connecting to DB.

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.persistence.rdbms.DBConnectionPool.createConnection(DBConnectionPool.java:360)

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.persistence.rdbms.DBConnectionPool.<init>(DBConnectionPool.java:125)

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.persistence.rdbms.PersistenceHandler.<init>(PersistenceHandler.java:38)

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.cache.ConfigurationCache.<init>(ConfigurationCache.java:147)

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.bootstrap.ConfigurationManagerBootstrapImpl.init(ConfigurationManagerBootstrapImpl.java:236)

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.bootstrap.ConfigurationManagerBootstrapImpl.<init>(ConfigurationManagerBootstrapImpl.java:49)

at com.sap.engine.bootstrap.Synchronizer.<init>(Synchronizer.java:66)

at com.sap.engine.bootstrap.Bootstrap.initDatabaseConnection(Bootstrap.java:419)

at com.sap.engine.bootstrap.Bootstrap.<init>(Bootstrap.java:144)

at com.sap.engine.bootstrap.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:814)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)

at com.sap.engine.offline.OfflineToolStart.main(OfflineToolStart.java:81)

Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01033: ORACLE initialization or shutdown in progress

at oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.throwSqlException(DatabaseError.java:111)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:330)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:282)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:277)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoauthenticate.receiveOsesskey(T4CTTIoauthenticate.java:292)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CConnection.logon(T4CConnection.java:356)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.PhysicalConnection.<init>(PhysicalConnection.java:419)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CConnection.<init>(T4CConnection.java:164)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CDriverExtension.getConnection(T4CDriverExtension.java:34)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.connect(OracleDriver.java:752)

at com.sap.sql.jdbc.NativeConnectionFactory.createNativeConnection(NativeConnectionFactory.java:215)

at com.sap.sql.connect.OpenSQLDataSourceImpl.createPooledConnection(OpenSQLDataSourceImpl.java:600)

at com.sap.sql.connect.OpenSQLDataSourceImpl.getPooledConnection(OpenSQLDataSourceImpl.java:285)

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.persistence.rdbms.DBConnectionPool.createConnection(DBConnectionPool.java:302)

... 14 more

[Bootstrap module]> Problem occured while performing synchronization.

Please help immediately....

Thanks

Saurabh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was able to resolve the issue by replacing the old back up file with corrupted one and restart the processes from SAPMMC

SDM Server backups could be found in (/usr/sap/<SID>/<INSTANCE>/SDM/program/config/sdmrepository.sdc) named as sdmrepository_backup_X.sdc.

Try this

Regards

Krishna

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It might sound silly a question. But does the machine on which WebAS runs, has a network connection?

I had the same issue when all the network adapters were down (system has no ip configured). Then I setup Loopback adapter, issued a false ip, and then I could run the server successfully.

Just a thought.

Thanks,

Rajit Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is your database up and running. If not you won't be able to connect to it with config tool. And as you mentioned before that your database log is full. I think you find the solution to your problem by your own;-)

Regards,

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check out these links..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I replaced sdmrepository.sdc with sdmrepository_backup_9.sdc in the directory "/usr/sap/<SID>/<INSTANCE>/SDM/program/config/" since X=9 being the highest one. But it did not help, i am still stuck with yellow instance.

Can you plz suggest some other way out.

Regards,

Saurabh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

the old back up file with corrupted one (latest miht be the corrupted) the latest file is the file with the highest value for X in sdmrepository_backup_X.sdc....

PS:Remember to take a back up of the file that ur going to overwrite

Regards

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

There are lot of sdmrepository_backup_X.sdc files at /usr/sap/<SID>/<INSTANCE>/SDM/program/config/sdmrepository.sdc where X=0,1,2,.....

So can u tell me which one to replace with sdmrepository.sdc, Am i right we need to replace sdmrepository.sdc file only with sdmrepository_backup_X.sdc in the same directory. Please confirm.

Waiting for ur response..

Thanks

SAurabh