cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EPCM help

Former Member
0 Kudos

SDN ,

I need some information about what is EPCM ? Why do we make use of EPCM ? and how can we make use of it ?

Points will be awarded for helpful answers

Cheers

Sara

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sara,

The Enterprise Portal Client Framework (EPCF) provides an infrastructure for scripting used in iViews and by the portal.

Refer to this

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/d9/d0b34017790808e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Thanx

Pankaj

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sara ,

Nice question refer to this link to understand the Framework and the Light Framework.

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/43/0174a642406db7e10000000a422035/frameset.htm">Framework</a>

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/43/0174a642406db7e10000000a422035/frameset.htm">Light Framework</a>

You can now understand the Difference between both of them now .

Regarding your doubt :-

1) you are refering to the right par .

2) Am not sure its just a guess , you can find Pagetitle bar inside the jar (which is inside the priavte/lib).there is a java file which it refers to .There are some EPCM events also which it uses .

May be we cant change the Page titlebar ( what i feel) dnt have any idea on this .

Would recomend you to open a new thread for this .In case you get any answer please let me know also.

Thanx

Pankaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

As you are replying to my thread i had one question regarding Framework Page and Page Title Bar .I saw your blog

I tried opening the par from NWDS but could not get PageTitle.jsp instead of that i am getting LightPage...jsp.i have copied

com.sap.portal.navigation.pagetoolbar.par

Please help me i have to do certain changes in the Page Title Bar.

Cheers

Sara

Former Member
0 Kudos

you dont need EPCM to change the pages title just use

<script>

top.document.title="My Title";

</script>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

As mentioned by Daniel Wroblewski we need to do a reverse engg for changing the Page title and all .Perhaps you did not understand the question.Its about getting the iview name in the Light.jsp.So it will be dynamic, based on the role or iview which you have clicked the name will appear in the Page title bar which happens when we dnt make use of Light Framework.

The method which you have suggested is basic stuff where in we just have to hard code the value.Perhpas you should open that par and see .

Thanx

Pankaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Nothing is small here in portal and EPCM is something really cool .

No shortcuts . atleast i cant say any of them

Thanx

Pankaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Pankaj is there anything in portal which is small ?

The Link of help.sap.com which you have also has so mant stuffs.

Any shortcuts to that ?

Cheers

Sara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sara ,

Also refer to these threads

Thanx

Pankaj