cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J2EE Engine Does not starts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using WebAS7.0, The SAP MMC does not start the Jcontrol instance remains yellow and does not change into green.

When i try to start Config tool to resolve the issue i get the error "<b>Error occurred while working with Configuration (Scanning). Msg Error while connecting to DB</b>.” So I could not connect to config tool.

when i see the developer trace for Jcontrol.exe then it shows that

" ERROR Invalid return code for process [bootstrap] [exitcode = 66] [jstartxx.c 1452]"

"JcontrolExecuteBootstrap:Error executing bootstrap node [rc 66]"

I have seen the jvm_bootstrap.out file then it shows that database initialization fail and so it raises the exeption

I beleive this is because of full DB log files can anyone give idea regarding how to delete or take backup of old db logfiles, so that my J2EE engine starts.

Here is what my bootstrap log says

-

Bootstrap MODE:

<INSTANCE GLOBALS>

determined by parameter [ID0087499].

-

Exception occured:

com.sap.engine.bootstrap.SynchronizationException: Database initialization failed! Check database properties!

at com.sap.engine.bootstrap.Bootstrap.initDatabaseConnection(Bootstrap.java:422)

at com.sap.engine.bootstrap.Bootstrap.<init>(Bootstrap.java:144)

at com.sap.engine.bootstrap.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:814)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)

at com.sap.engine.offline.OfflineToolStart.main(OfflineToolStart.java:81)

-

==[ Caused by: ]==----

com.sap.engine.frame.core.configuration.ConfigurationException: Error while connecting to DB.

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.persistence.rdbms.DBConnectionPool.createConnection(DBConnectionPool.java:360)

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.persistence.rdbms.DBConnectionPool.<init>(DBConnectionPool.java:125)

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.persistence.rdbms.PersistenceHandler.<init>(PersistenceHandler.java:38)

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.cache.ConfigurationCache.<init>(ConfigurationCache.java:147)

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.bootstrap.ConfigurationManagerBootstrapImpl.init(ConfigurationManagerBootstrapImpl.java:236)

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.bootstrap.ConfigurationManagerBootstrapImpl.<init>(ConfigurationManagerBootstrapImpl.java:49)

at com.sap.engine.bootstrap.Synchronizer.<init>(Synchronizer.java:66)

at com.sap.engine.bootstrap.Bootstrap.initDatabaseConnection(Bootstrap.java:419)

at com.sap.engine.bootstrap.Bootstrap.<init>(Bootstrap.java:144)

at com.sap.engine.bootstrap.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:814)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)

at com.sap.engine.offline.OfflineToolStart.main(OfflineToolStart.java:81)

Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01033: ORACLE initialization or shutdown in progress

at oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.throwSqlException(DatabaseError.java:111)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:330)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:282)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:277)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoauthenticate.receiveOsesskey(T4CTTIoauthenticate.java:292)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CConnection.logon(T4CConnection.java:356)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.PhysicalConnection.<init>(PhysicalConnection.java:419)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CConnection.<init>(T4CConnection.java:164)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CDriverExtension.getConnection(T4CDriverExtension.java:34)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.connect(OracleDriver.java:752)

at com.sap.sql.jdbc.NativeConnectionFactory.createNativeConnection(NativeConnectionFactory.java:215)

at com.sap.sql.connect.OpenSQLDataSourceImpl.createPooledConnection(OpenSQLDataSourceImpl.java:600)

at com.sap.sql.connect.OpenSQLDataSourceImpl.getPooledConnection(OpenSQLDataSourceImpl.java:285)

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.persistence.rdbms.DBConnectionPool.createConnection(DBConnectionPool.java:302)

... 14 more

[Bootstrap module]> Problem occured while performing synchronization.

Please help immediately....

Thanks

Saurabh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Although my DB is running but i get see the error

<b>Archive process error: ORA-16038: log 3 sequence# 451 cannot be archived

ORA-19504: failed to create file ""

ORA-00312: online log 3 thread 1: 'D:\ORACLE\CWP\ORIGLOGA\LOG_G13M1.DBF'

ORA-00312: online log 3 thread 1: 'D:\ORACLE\CWP\MIRRLOGA\LOG_G13M2.DBF'

.</b>

in the eventvwr logs.

Can u help me on this, as to how i can get this Archive error resolved?

Thanks

Saurabh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please clear the archive log folder.

<drive>:/oracle/<sid>/archive

Regards

Ben

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can "flush" your database log by creating a back up of it :

open Database Manager, connect to it, watch if your log is full,

then go to Back up, make a back up of it,

after having done that, go in the Configuration part, Log settings, and set the mode to Overwrite log, so that when it hasnt got enough space it will delete the oldest.

Fabien.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi i have got the solution:

In case of Oracle database while it is up it keeps on creating a file CWPARCHARC00<xxx>_<xxxxxxxxxx>.001 for example CWPARCHARC00403_0569681871.001 at the location

<drive>:\oracle\<SID>\oraarch\. After seeing into various log files i came to know that this file is not being created any more, So i got my answer took backup of all the CWPARCHARC00403_0569681871.001 files at some other location and restarted webAS and the J2EE started with both the green instances.

Thanks

Saurabh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ben,

I followed your steps and connected to the system using <sid>adm

and executed the following steps

1. sqlplus "/as sysdba"

once you connect to SQL SQL> show sga

Total System Global Area 402653184 bytes

Fixed Size 1289712 bytes

Variable Size 314573328 bytes

Database Buffers 83886080 bytes

Redo Buffers 2904064 bytes

Does that mean my oracle is up and i should not look into DB side any more and look some where else?

Please confirm......

Waiting for ur response....

Thanks

Saurabh.

2. show sga

3. startup

But hte second step did not give any error instead it showed the following details

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ben,

Can you plz tell me at which location the DB log files exists or in other words which log files to back up and clear, since there are lot of log files.

I am using Win2k3 Oracle database.

Also plz let me know how to see whether the DB is online/up or not.

I tried connecting using sql as soon as i enter the credentials i get the error oracle initilization or shutdown in progress.

Waiting for ur response.....

Regards

Saurabh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can find the logs in the following path.

<Drive>:\oracle\<SID>\saparch

If you want to check database follow the steps

Log on to windows using <sid>adm user and open command prompt

1. sqlplus "/as sysdba"

once you connect to SQL

2. show sga ( if this command return error like oracle is not available follow 3 rd step)

3. startup

Regards

Ben

Former Member
0 Kudos

H Ben,

if u are talking of starting it mamually i have restarted thru services.msc panel, but it did not help.

As far as logs are concerned i belive this is because of the full db log files, can u tell me the way to take back up of these files or clear them up.

Regards

Saurabh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

you can take backup the log files and clear the log file folder.

Through SQL try to connect to database and conform no problem with database.

Could you please let me know details of database and OS?

Regards

Ben

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please start database manually... check file system.. logs & archive logs

regards

Ben