cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP 4.7 INSTALLATION ERROR IN DATABASE INSTANCE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I am facing the problem with SAP 4.7 installation at Database instance. I have installed CI successfully. Getting error ORA-01092 and FJS-00012. At the phase of Database creation.

I am trying install in Win2k Sp4 also getting the same error with WinXP SP2. Oracle 8.1.5 is the DB.

thnx

Ramesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is a good idea to check the supported versions.

SAP 4.7 was never supported by SAP with Oracle 8.1.5

That is an obsolete version that is not supported by SAP ( not sure if it was ever supported, I think the first 8i was 8.1.6 and that was only for ramp up )

Also, not sure it was ever supported by Oracle in Windows 2K, for sure it was not supported on Windows XP.

Also, ORA-1092 is a generic error that only means that Oracle has stopped:

ORA-01092: ORACLE instance terminated. Disconnection forced.

I strongly suggest you to use a DB release a bit "newer" like 9.2.0.x being x 7 or 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

8.1.5 was never supported by Oracle on Windows XP / Windows Server 2003

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You have to untar the files, First copy oracle 8.1.5 cd then change

the required untar files if you have any question let me know

Former Member
0 Kudos

that's it.

In most cases the Oracle Installation tools won't start on actual Xeon processors because they did use very old 1.* Java Runtimes which where incompatible with newer processors.

peter

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I think if you have any problem in installation during database instance check whether you got oracle 8.1.5 and check you got export files in DB1,DB2,DB3 etc.

Mainly check in DB2(export4 to export7)whether you got all supporting files in that folders then you dont get any problem.