cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Differentiation between B2B and A2A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anybody give me a real time example between B2B and A2A in general and XI Perspective?

Points Assured

Regards,

B.Anandh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

B2B means business to business meaning that ur dealing with system between two(or more )separate landscape,suppose u have to transfer information to and R/3 server which is outside ur landscape ,then u can go for B2B.

A2A means application to application, meaning that both the sender and receiver are within ur landscape.a simple scenario of File to File,sending file from one Dile server to another within the landscape can be classified as A2A

thanx

ahmad

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anandha Krishnan

Here is some more info to top up

Think, Company A is dealing only with Legacy Systems or Java Based applications, but Company B cannot directly understand COmpany A's format. So the Integration Broker like XI will come into picture. While integrating Company A should know how feasible it can communicate with Company B.. More in technical, is thru WebServices Industry Standard Adapters(Seeburger EDI)/(SOAP)/Java Applications(JavaProxy)/.net Applications etc..

<i>Thanks 2 Krishnamoorthy P</i>

Also Check the following help doc

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/15/5f934249c30c31e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

regards

krishna

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anandha,

A2A is application to application. When two applications in a company communicates with each other we call it an A2A scenario and if its across Companies we call it B2B or buisness to buisness.

Consider an Car Manufacturing Company, it may use XI for integrating its ERP system with say an HR system and so on. As both systems are in the same landscape, it becomes an A2A.

Likewise, the Company might have transactions with say a Glass Manufacturing Unit or organization . When XI is used to Integrate these systems, it becomes a B2B as you use it to integrate 2 different Businesses in different landscapes.

[Reward if useful]

Regards,

Prateek