Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in Accessing Virsa Firefighter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I have installed Virsa FF 620_47 & assigned all roles Like administrator,FF & Owner.I have Done all the Configuration part & When i click on LOG ON Its shows the below error.I have updated the virsa support pack to Latest 10.I cannot see the button 'REASON CODE'

Error: you have no access of firefighter ID & Plz Consultant firefighter Admin.

Message Number : Virsa/Vfat608

Your reply will be highly appreciated.

Vijay

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Make sure FFID's are user type service and add tcode //VIRSA/VFAT to your own user profile.FFID's user profile should have full access..

Assign the FFID to your ID via Owner tab and add FFID's password via Security tab.Also check/set the FFID's validity date via FireFighter tab.

That should allow you to access the target system with FFID's.

Controllers are required to get a notification.

Thanks Anil

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Make sure FFID's are user type service and add tcode //VIRSA/VFAT to your own user profile.FFID's user profile should have full access..

Assign the FFID to your ID via Owner tab and add FFID's password via Security tab.Also check/set the FFID's validity date via FireFighter tab.

That should allow you to access the target system with FFID's.

Controllers are required to get a notification.

Thanks Anil

0 Kudos

Hello Anil Doranala,

Thank You for Your Support.I have Successfully given the firefighter access.Again I have questions.How to give you Points.

1. I am working on Firefighter 3.0

2. All Support Packs are up-to-Date

3. Firefighter access is working fine

4. I am not able to see a button 'Reason Codes'

5. If I click on Critical t-Codes its shows the below Error.Any answers for this

'Please Maintain your Critical Transaction in Compliance Calibrator (VRAT)

Message no. /VIRSA/VFAT640'

My Kernel Version is 620.I think this is the problem.

6.If i click on Tool Box,it is not showing default Reports.What we have to do?

Regads,

Vijay

0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

To remove error in step 5, open Configuration section and set parameter value for "Critical Transactions Table from Compliance Calibrator" to "NO".

You can setup required critical transactions in FireFighter itself then.

Best regards,

Laziz

0 Kudos

Hello Laziz,

Thank You for Your Answer.It Worked.

Another Question is

1. Why the reports are missing in the Tool Box.

When You click on Tool Box & Expand you will get different Reports.But i am getting only Error Text Like ' Node Text Not Found'

Can you plz Suggest.

Thanks.

Vijay

0 Kudos

Hello Vijay:

If you do not see the Tool Box menu... it's because of the activation of a BC-Sets .....

You have to activate BC-Set:

For FF4.0 /VIRSA/FFTAB_40SP7

For FF5.1 /VIRSA/FF_51

for FF5.2 /VIRSA/FFTAB_52

Check this note out.... 1040889.....

Regards...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

One reason why the reports are empty is your config transport didn't go through well.Retransport the config table again to other systems.??If this is in development then you should ask SAP via Market place to send you the config tables..They can generate the config tables on there test systems and send u the transports..

Let me know if you need more details..

Thanks