cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Always PR in created in backend instead of PO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am using a Classic Scenario ( SRM 5.0 & ECC 6.0) and facing a problem with follow-on document generated from a shopping cart. System always create Purchase Requisition in backend even if-

1. Shopping Cart data is complete by all means (Price, Assigned Vendor, Quantity etc)

2. No. ranges and Document Types for SRM and R/3 are maintained properly as per standard config

3.Objects in backend system are configured as:

for all purcasing groups and Category ID

Internal procurement: Reservation generated if stock available, otherwise ext. proc.

External procurement: Purchase order if item data complete, otherwise purch. req.

I have tried creating Contract, Inforecord in backend but it is not helping the cause. Can anybody please help?

If I don't assign any source and I get the shopping cart in 'Purchaser's worklist' in Sourcing, where I can assign a source and create a backend PO. This time PO is properly created picking up right No.range and Doc Type.

The same issue is dicussed in following thread but unfortunately without any correct answer.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi amit,

1. maintain inforecord for the product or product category with the respective

vendor in R/3.

if the above is not working then try..

2. Maintain vendor lists in srm with respect to product category and vendor.

i hope system has to create a PO if every is in place.

with regards,

mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per your query, please check the following settings and try out.

Please check the following settings in the SRM.

Go to SRM --> SRM Server --> Cross Application Settings --> Define Objects in Backend System --> go to external procurement and select the function from the drop down box, ( Always PR or Always PO).

If this helps please award the point for the same.

BR,

Vijay Mittal