cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SWCV in real time scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I am not wrong by default some of the products and their related components will come along with XI. So in real time if you want to develop some interface whether we use existing components or we will create own user defined products and components ?? What is the criteria behind choosing either of them ??

thanks

kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

yeah, u get some SWC alongwith XI installation,there isn't any set criteria for that,if u feel like the existing interfaces as kinda similar to ur requirement then u can import them and make some changes and use it,but if they are not at all close to ur requirement,then u create ur own

thanx

ahmad

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It depends on the Business Requirement ..

If you are using SAP business Process with components like SRM, SUS etc, SAP has provided related scenarios with products and components, Then you can use the same.

Else, if you want to create a new scenario as per the requirement, Custom, then you need to create user defined products and components. You can always extend the existing product or components.

If you observe SAP BASIS component in the repository, it has many patterns/cases. You can copy that, u can customize the same.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Moorthy

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is a must read blog to understand the various stratergies for SWCV structuring. In the end it is your client requirements that drive that,

<a href="/people/thorsten.nordholmsbirk/blog/2006/07/25/structuring-integration-repository-content--part-1-software-component-versions">Structuring Integration Repository Content - Part 1: Software Component Versions</a>

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bavesh ! The link that you suggested is really good and helped me to enhance m y knolwedge. It talks abt how to go abt once we choose SWCV. But my question was the stragegy behind choosing the SWCV. Once we choose SWCV then we can implement the strategies beased on the weblog that you suggested.

My question is SAP provides default products and components. for e.g

SAP R/3 3.0F, 3.1G, 3.1H, 3.1I, 4.0A, 4.0B, 4.5A, 4.5B, 4.6A, 4.6B, 4.6C

So my question is how to decide in realtime scenraios whether to use these default components or user defined SWCV ?? Is there any criteria in selecting these ?? In real time when will we go for SAP supplied SWCV's and when will go for user defined one ??

thanks

kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey

>>So my question is how to decide in realtime scenraios whether to use these default components or user defined SWCV ??

i can tell u one thing ,in real world we hardly use the SAP provided SWCV,most of the time we create our own IR objects under our own SWCV the naming convention for which is company specific.

thanx

ahmad

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

<i>So my question is how to decide in realtime scenraios whether to use these default components or user defined SWCV ??Is there any criteria in selecting these ?? In real time when will we go for SAP supplied SWCV's and when will go for user defined one ? </i>

SWC already provided by SAP are just for aiding the users to save their time and efforts. In organization, generally the type of data used are customized for their requirements. So in that case u have to use ur own "user defined SWCV". If ur usage of data is completely compatible to the components provided by SAP, then u may choose "default components"

Regards,

Prateek

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

<i>So in real time if you want to develop some interface whether we use existing components or we will create own user defined products and components ??</i>

We can do both.

If the pre-delivered content actually solves ur purpose by providing the exact format of data, then u should go for the <b>existing components</b>

If there is any change from the content provided, then u should change it and<b> create own user defined products and components</b>

<i> What is the criteria behind choosing either of them ??</i>

Thus the criteria is purely based upon the type of data formats u have to use. Existing component always saves lot of development time

Regards,

Prateek