cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem using the Debugger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I tried to start the Debugger by installing Developer workplace using a local server.The connection is made fast enough ,application is deployed but when I click on a button which has a breakpoint attached to it ,it reaches till the breakpoint but does not goto the next statement on pressing F5 even F8 does not quit the session and execute the application further.

Any ideas why this is happening.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186016
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the Debug View you will see set of threads plus the thread on which breakpoint is attached will show list of method calls.

Double Click on the top-most method call. The file having the break-point will get high lighted.Then use F5 or F8 to navigate. Try using buttons in the debug view also.

Sometime focus gets lost on a view in eclipse IDE and this happends. Also working in debug perspective is always better. I have seen sometime in other perspectives these F5,F6 and F8 doesn't work. Switching to debug perpective and doing what i stated above makes it work.

Regards,

Ashwani Kr Sharma

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ashwani,

I am kind of a stuck at this point ,Can u please help me with some alternatives?

Looking forward to your reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

Thanks for the reply. I did what you said , I clicked on the thread which got highlighted but still using F5 does not cause the debugger to proceed further.

Looking forward to your reply.