cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

alert configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Alerts configuration starts with ALRTCATDEF. And "whenever an error occurs" alert can be seen in the alert inbox. Can anybody tell me what are all the error situations in which alerts will be raised ?? I have in most of the blogs........ simply they select wild card entry " * ' to set the alert rule.

thanks

kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kumar,

You can define Mapping alerts and Adapter errors. If anything is failed in your mapping you can send a mapping alert.

If anything is failed in your sender or receiver adapter then you can the adapter alert to your inbox.

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi satish,

As you said like......... alerts will be raised when problem exists in either mapping or sender and receiver adapters. I want to confirm whether it is possible to restrict the alerts to raise for particular user specific problem ?? Because if we see the window of alert rule there are simply options like sender service, receiver service, party........etc. So it seems here we can only put restrictions on the systems rather than problems.

thanks

kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Palnati,

Triggering of alert cannot be made user specific...What u can do most is that u can configure the alert and add a particular user only in ur recipients list so that notifications can be restricted to particular user only ...

Regards,

Ashwin M

Reward If helpful

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

<i>As you said like......... alerts will be raised when problem exists in either mapping or sender and receiver adapters</i>

Ususally purpose of alert are error notification. <b>But not always</b>.

e.g Suppose there is a scenario: If a user has applied for a leave from one system to another, the alert should be raised for a particular interface and this should be notified to XYZ Administrator. (Just an example, may not exactly suit the real world scenario)

<i>I want to confirm whether it is possible to restrict the alerts to raise for particular user specific problem ??</i>

Both Yes and No. Yes, if the user specific problem is related to trigger of interface, mapping problem etc. No if user has some other specifc demands.

Talking in terms of typical "user specific problem", the ans would be No.

Regards,

Prateek

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

>>simply they select wild card entry " * ' to set the alert rule

the wild card "" entry corresponds to which configuration scenario (Party ,Business System ,Business Services,interface..) u want to apply the alert.when u say "" the rule applies to all scenarios in your XI landscape