Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

THIRD PARTY SALES ORDER

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai all,

in third party sales order

Is it necessary to make a Goods Receipt before creating the Invoice Receipt? What &where are the setting involved?

When does a customer invoice get created?

regards

sriram.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ,With refrence to billing , after MIGO & MIRO we have to pick the goods in Delivery,with refernce to delivery we will raise invoice to the customer.

Go thru this link, u will have clear picture.

http://www.sap-img.com/sap-sd/process-flow-for-3rd-party-sales.htm

Rewards if it's helpfull

Shyam Sunder

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sriram.,

We should do MIGO,It is logical moment of goods but not physical.Shipping notification is confirmation of delivery from the vendor

See the process below

1. Create Vendor XK01

2. Create Material – Material Type as "Trading Goods". Item category group as "BANS".

3. Assign Item Category TAS to Order type that you are going to use.

4. A sale order is created and when saved a PR is generated at the background

5. With reference to SO a PO is created (ME21N). The company raises PO to the vendor.

6. Vendor delivers the goods and raises bill to company. MM receives the invoice MIRO

7. Goods receipt MIGO

8. Goods issue

9. The item cat TAS or Schedule line cat CS is not relevant for delivery which is evident from the config and, therefore, there is no delivery process attached in the whole process of Third party sales.

10. Billing *-- Seema Dhar

SD - 3rd party sales order Create Sales Order

VA01

Order Type

Sales org, distr chnl, div

Enter

Sold to

PO #

Material

Quantity

Enter

Save

SD - 3rd party sales order View the PR that is created with a third party sales order

VA01

Order Number

Goto Item Overview

Item ->Schedule Item

SD - 3rd party sales order View the PR that is created

ME52N

Key in the PR number

Save

SD - 3rd party sales order Assign the PR to the vendor and create PO

ME57

Key in the PR number

Toggle the "Assigned Purchase Requisition"

Execute

Check the box next to the material

Assign Automatically button

Click on "Assignments" button

Click on "Process assignment"

The "Process Assignment Create PO" box , enter

Drag the PR and drop in the shopping basket

Save

SD - 3rd party sales order Receive Goods

MIGO_GR

PO Number

DN Number

Batch tab , click on classification

Serial Numbers tab

Date of Production

Flag Item OK

Check, just in case

Save

SD - 3rd party sales order Create Invoice

MIRO

Invoice Date

Look for the PO , state the vendor and the Material

Check the box

Clilck on "Copy"

Purchase Order Number (bottom half of the screen)

Amount

State the baseline date

Simulate & Post

Invoice Number

*Invoice blocked due to date variance

SD - 3rd party sales order Create a delivery order

VL01N

In the order screen , go to the menu Sales Document , select "Deliver"

Go to "picking" tab

State the qty and save

SD - 3rd party sales order Create a billing document

VF01

Ensure that the delivery document is correct in the

Enter

Go to edit -> Log

Save

REWARD if helpfull

Thanks & Regards

Narayana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

yes it is necessary to create the Goods receipt before creating the Invoice receipt.The T Code for creating Invoice receipt is MIRO.

Then once this Invoice receipt is made the customer Invoice is raised thru the normal invoice i.e.F2 which will take reference from the sales order of the customer. This Invoice will take reference from the order (sales order of the customer) and the item category will have the billing reference indicator as F which means it is taking reference from the order but the quantity will be copied from the Invoice receipt.

Reward if helpful.

Nagesh Murthy,

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai nagesh,

thank u for ur reply, but in third party sales order there are two types

how invoice is raised

1.with shipping notice

2. without shipping notice.

in with shipping notice ,the vendor after sending goods to the customer, sends u the the shipped quantity, and we capture it as MIGO,a dummy goods receipt,

which does not post any quantity to inventory,but cost of goods sold directly.

then MIRO is done and subsequently invoice i sraised to the customer.here it is taken as B.

case :2

the goods are delivered to the customer by the vendor ,and the custmer does not send any shipping notice and directly sennds the invoice which we enter as MIRO, then invoice is raised to the customer, here the billing relevance is set as

F.in item category level.

my question is where shall we declare whether a third party order should proceed as with shipping or without shippping notice,

or do we need to proceed in the same manner basing on the configurations.

regards

sriram

F- order related billing and status according to the invoiced quantity .

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

the item category used for third party is TAS for which the schedulel line category is CS which does not involve any delivery processing. So, MIGO if at all is only statistical as goods dont enter theplant physically.

I understand the main thing here is the billing relevance which is F - invoice with ref to order based on the MIRO invoice. In any case, with shipping notice or not, the vendor must invoice the company and he does it for the quantity supplied to the customer.

Hope it helps.

Thanks

Sadhu Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

If relevance for Billing indicator for the Item Category has been set as B ( Relevant for Order related billing on the basis of ordered quantity) in customizing, the system will include the bill in the billing due list immediately.If however the billing relevance indicator has been st to F ( relevant to order related billing on the basis of invoice quantity) the system does not include the order in the billing due list until an invoice is received from the vendor and subsequently processed by the purchasing department. In the standard system the item Category TAS has been given a billing relevance of F.

In the first case the third party order is considered to be completely billed only when the invoiced quantity equals the ordered quantity. In the second case each time a vendor Invoice is received, a customer invoice is created for the quantity in the vendor invoice and the order is considered to be fully invoiced until the next vendor invoice is received.

If Billing relevance F has been activated the billing can refer to Goods receipt Quantity instead of the incoming Invoice quantity. You can control this by customizing the copy control for billing at item level.

Hence with or without shipping notice we need to raise an Invoice receipt and ultimately a customer invoice.

Reward if helpful.

Nagesh Murthy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai nagesh,

my configuration goes likes this

case 1: with shipping notice: with MIGO

in the item category TAS , i put B as billing relevance Relevant for Order related billing on the basis of ordered quantity), and in the copy controls for from order to

billing (VTAA) i put the billing quantity as E( quantity to be invoiced is goods receipt quantity less invoiced qty) , suppose i have given 10 as third party qty, and the i have done MIGO for 8 qty ,then system will do the invoice for 8 qty.

case:2 without shipping notice only MIRO

here in the item category level i take billing relevace as F , and in copy controls i maintain billing qty as F(invoice receipt qty less invoiced qty).

In this case we can do only MIRO instead of MIGO and MIRO ,

try it out.

cheers

sriram