cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong Message

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the sender send a wrong message by mistake to XI where it will fail?

I think it will fail in the Message Monitoring!!! correct me please?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What do you mean by Wrong message?

If you are talking about incorrect data then if you are using adapters on adapter framework then it will fail in the sender communication channel.

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Sathish, I am talking about the Incorrect Data Structure.

So do you want to say it will fail in the Adapter, I thought it will fail in the

Message Monitoring step, because Adapter is just a connector and carrying of some data from one point to the other point, please correct me!!!

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pete,

You are right.The pipeline should fail somewhere after the Adapter receives input.

Regards

krishna

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pete,

<i>So do you want to say it will fail in the Adapter, I thought it will fail in the

Message Monitoring step</i>

It will not fail in Adapter. It will pass the Adapter Engine successfully. At that time it ll show "delivered" status in RWB. Now it will be passed to Integration Engine. Here during the pipeline step og Mapping, it will be unable to find the proper structure, and will throw the error here. Thus the error would be visible in sxmb_moni.

<i>Adapter is just a connector and carrying of some data from one point to the other point</i>

Yes, u r right

<i>[Reward if useful]</i>

Regards,

Prateek

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If sender is exister it means , sender service and sender interface and sender namespace is correct then it will enter.. else it will fail at entry adapter engine level , and the sender side details are correct and it will reaches to IE , if the receiver details are not correct it will fail at determination / routing level in Integration engine .

i hope this is clear..

also see the below link may helps you

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/05/25/understanding-message-flow-in-xi

Reards

Chilla

Former Member
0 Kudos

It will fail either in the adapter framework or in the integration engine - it depends

which is the information which is incorrect.

The best thing to do is check it in the runtime workbench monitor, and you will

be able to detect exactly where it failed.

So, it is possible that you see it in sxmb_moni, it is possible that only via the rwb monitoring.

Regards

Jaime