cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using one data type in another component

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to include one components data type in another component. But I am missing somehwere. Even I have created usage dependencies. The steps are as show below.

SWC:A (Contains the data type which you want to reference, say for e.g. include_DT)

SWC:B (contains the data type Main_DT where you want to reference a data type which is in SWC:A)

While creating the Main_DT, you shld use "Search Help" to reference the include_DT in any of the subelements that you have. But I am not able to find any search help in the Main_DT. Could you please tell me where i am missing ??

thanks

kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kumar,

You copy all your Datatypes. Just right click and then copy object. Specify the namespace and software component. Also if your datatype has some more datatypes within it then check the checkbox With All Dependent Objects. Then all will be copied.

---Satish

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No need to copy.

First, you need to add SWCV A as a dependency of SWCV B in SLD.

Then, as pointed by Beena, you'll see the objects os SWCV A in the Basis tree in SWCV B.

For further info, check: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/10/8b9c4f1c79024595308d2f4a779c5e/frameset.htm

Regards,

Henrique.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Clear SLD data cache from Menu -> Environment in IR and refresh the Navigation tree.

You should see basis objects namespace in component where dependency is defined for another component.

Thanks,

Beena

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Even I have followed step by step procedure of below blog. But no clue where I am missing

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/08/26/xi-are-you-independentfrom-your-dependencies

thanks

kumar

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Kumar,

Just a wild guess

Have a look at the activation list. Make sure that everything is activated. And try importing the new SWC on which the software component is based

Regards,

Prateek

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You will find a new object called BASIS Objects in the Dependendt SWCV and this will contain the objects of the main SWCV that can now be used in the Dependent SWCV.

Make sure that you have reimported the SWCV's as pointed by Henrioque and then you should be able to see the Basis objects. And also do clear the SLD data cache.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the type of dependency you have vdefined for your software components?

Also you need to re-import software component after defining dependency.

Thanks,

Beena

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Beena,

Thanks for your reply ! I have selected usage dependencies of type "Installation Time". And even I have re-imported the SWC from Tools...> Transfer from system SLD....> Import SWCV. But still I am not able to observe any difference in either of objects of SWC's. Could you please suggest ..........if I missed out sth ??

thanks

kumar

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You must reimport SWCV B and not A.

Regards,

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you getting the objects of software component A as basis objects in your software component B where you want to reference datatype?

Thanks,

Beena

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Beena,

I didn't observed anyting like that in component B?? Could you please explain what do you mean by basis objects ?? Is there anything to restart the system to be able to reflect the usage dependencies ??

thanks

kumar