Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navigation between 2 Views - Concept of View Set

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have Component A => Embedding Component B AND Component C

View B(ComponentB) and View C(ComponentC) are embeded in the WIndow of Component A

Now View B is default and should be the first View the user sees. When View B is clicked (for eg: a Button) -> View B and View C both should be displayed on the screen, one below the other.

I cannot do this, since only 1 View can be default inside a window. How can I make both View B and View C appear when a button on View B is clicked ?

WebDynpro Java has concept of View Sets where multiple Views can be made default in the same window. Isn't there View Set in ABAP ?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everybody. I see the logic here. WIll try out soon. Points awarded.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks it worked.

Made 2 ViewUIElementContainers in the external EMdedding Compoenent.

Created Interface Views for the 2 internal embedded Components and included the Actual Views in the respective Windows.

Embedded the Interface Views of the 2 Embedded Components in the ViewUIElementContainers of the Embedding Component.

Binded the Visibility property of the ViewUIElementContainers to the context and changed it based on the actioans to make the views appear.

Did not need any EMpty Views.

Thanks that was simple.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Empty view idea is perfect! I have tried in my example and it works fine.

You can introduce empty view and set it as default for both the views.

Now you can fire a plug ver both views can be called on the View container UI element.

Check standard example WDR_TEST_EXIT_PLUG where they have used empty views and provided the functionality.

Hope this will help you.

Cheers,

Darshna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

see also Thomas Szuecs answer in

Regards, Heidi

S-H
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can archive this by having a view in Main component A which has 2 ViewContainerUIElement in it.

in Component A window associate and make View B(ComponentB) and an empty view as default views for both of the ViewContainerUIElement's. when user clicks on the button in View B, you could have an event which is fired and you can capture this event in Component A's view and show both View B and View C.

You can also use other mechanism instead of events like you can have button of View B in view created in Component A and proceed.

Best regards,

Suresh

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I would think that you would just want to use ViewContainerUIElement to host your two inner components. This will allow you to have more than one inner view visible and to control visiblity via the visible property of the ViewContainerUIElement itself.

Web Dynpro ABAP used to have ViewSets very early before it was released to customers. However there isn't much need for them. With the proper use of ViewContainerUIElements, you can achieve greater flexibility and better visibility to how the application is layed out.