cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to extand the table filtering?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I've been using the following Weblog in order to implement filtering on a table:

/people/subramanian.venkateswaran2/blog/2005/05/10/filtering-table-values-using-webdynpro

I would like to extand this option like this:

If you are using the filter on a certain column, it opens an input field where you can enter your search criteria.

I would like to turn this input field into a combo box which includes all the values at this column. Selecting one value will filter the table accordingly.

What I need to know is how to turn this input field into a combo box since input field is being automaticlly created when using the filter. Perhaps, if I'll bind it correctly it will automaticlly "turn" into a combo box...?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roy

When you use the onFilter action in the Table it creates a input field. If you want to put a dropdown box and then filter values as selected from the dropdown, then you will have to write your own filter kind of logic. Just an idea of what you can do.

Create a toolbardropdown on top of the column. Then in the onSelect event write the logic to filter values in that column based on selected value. In this case it will be your custom logic. The standard filter functionality i guess cannot be changed to a dropdown like your scenario.

regards

ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

10X U2, I've used your ideas and did it

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I applied the steps described by this blog, but I get always a runtime exception if I try to filter on the table.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks.

Cemal Salman

The exception is:

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.exceptions.WDRuntimeException

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientimpl.html.client.HtmlClient.handleUIElementEvent(HtmlClient.java:835)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientimpl.html.client.HtmlClient.updateEventQueue(HtmlClient.java:722)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.cal.AbstractClient.initEvents(AbstractClient.java:131)

Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientimpl.html.client.HtmlClient.handleUIElementEvent(HtmlClient.java:827)

... 23 more

Caused by: com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.exceptions.WDRuntimeException: Cannot set pending user input 'LE_SAPA*' for invalid attribute path

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.data.DataContainer.setPendingUserInput(DataContainer.java:1230)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.data.DataContainer.updateAttribute(DataContainer.java:458)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientimpl.html.uielements.adaptbase.AbstractAdapter.updateAttribute(AbstractAdapter.java:503)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientimpl.html.uielib.standard.uradapter.TableAdapter$FilterField.onINPUTFIELDCHANGE(TableAdapter.java:3175)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientimpl.html.uielib.standard.uradapter.TableAdapter.onINPUTFIELDCHANGE(TableAdapter.java:8075)

... 28 more

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cemal,

Please give your code. And please open a new thread.

Regards,

Jaydeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi:

try:

/people/peter.vignet/blog/2007/01/03/generic-web-dynpro-java-table-filter

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I haven't done the example given so don't know if this would solve your problem.

If you attach a simple type to an Input Field you can get the feature similar to that of a combo box with the input field. You can enter value dynamically into the simpletype after that(Have n't tried that but works for static values).